Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday to.........my blog!

Yes, I started this little blog on Sept 30 of 2005 (I know, because I went back and checked the date of the first post. Duh.). Who finds it surprising that I would come up with five years worth of nonsense to talk about? What? No one finds that surprising?

I periodically go through old posts, I particularly like to look at the posts from exactly a year before and see what I was doing then. There are parts of my life I don't want to re-live, thus, parts of the blog that I ignore, but for the most part, it's fairly entertaining to go back and read some of my crap.

I know some readers get annoyed when I talk about the Cubs. I don't care. It's my blog and the Cubs are a big part of my life-for better or for worse. I thought about making a separate Cubs blog just for those posts, but then I thought, why should I? This is a multi-faceted blog dammit!

Just think, five years ago, I didn't have a beautiful niece to talk about. Five years ago, my sister was engaged and we were in the process of getting fitted for dresses. Five years ago, I was still full time at the crisis line. Five years ago I still believed I wouldn't die an old maid. Five years ago I was still in my 20's. Ouch, that last one hurt.

So, here's to five more years of my nonsense. You know you want it.

2 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, Happy Blog Birthday! Are you going to go out and celebrate with funnel cake? OH, speaking of, our big fair is coming up soon that means funnel cake for me....lol

KD said...

man, I wish! Instead, I will be "celebrating" by working from 7:30am to 8:30pm today. Jealous?

I almost celebrated by punching one of my co-workers in her lazy head.But I restrained myself. I told on her to our boss instead. Yes, I'm very mature.