Friday, September 24, 2010

Fishin' with Grandpa

Grandchild of the Year award right here. Yes, I'm taking Grandpa down to my parents this weekend so he can go fishing. It's gonna be a looooooong 2.5 hour drive. I wonder what we'll talk about the whole way? Maybe I'll make him listen to the new Weezer CD. Think he'd like that? Yea, prolly not. I have some Elvis in the car, maybe he'd dig that. Or....maybe he'll just take a nap.

It should be a good weekend. I don't know if I'll actually do any fishing. I don't really care to touch smelly fish or just stand there on the bank of the pond holding a fishing pole. I mean, seriously. I'd rather stay holed up downstairs reading People magazine and playing Farmville on my parents computer. Lame? Probably. Do I care? Not so much.

Happy Weekend folks!

4 comments:

Blue said...

Hey maybe you can catch a ball game on the radio or some old Paul Harvey rerun....lol. I'm sure Gramps has some great stories to tell.
Fishing is great. I remember once I was drugged up after a trip to the ER, my buddies came over to see if I wanted to go fishing, I was trying to get up and go with them, but my Mom decided it was a very bad idea....lol...she was right of course, but the fisherman in me wanted to go very badly.

Blue said...

By the way, what was up with the Cubs last night, the wind blowing out and we get shut out? Dang, not even one run.

KD said...

Um, Blue have you seen the score today???? Down 7-1 to the Cards in the 5th. Gorzelanny looked pretty sh**y today. Berg hasn't been all that great either. SIGH.

You can come fish at my parents anytime! No one ever uses it! There's some giant catfish in that pond...been there over 20 years,just trolling along the bottom getting fat. LOL!

Blue said...

I would love to fish there, as long as it's not Long John Silvers fish....lol
I guess the Cards are pretty much done it seems.