Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What a homecoming for Randy Wells!

Well folks, wasn't that fun? Wellsie pitched a gem last night (and had two hits and two RBIs!). Think dude was excited to pitch in his hometown (or close enough)? I'd say so. Wellsie kept the Cardinals quiet for most of the game, walked no one, gave up just a few meaningless hits, and pitched 8 complete innings. The Cubs lit up Wainwright like he was a Christmas tree, on their way to a 7-2 win (and guarantee of a series win over their arch rivals-yes the "arch" pun was intended). Everyone contributed last night (except for Fuke...did he do anything? I can't remember), what a great game. And I'm sure all Cards fans will say it's because Pujols wasn't in the line up. I beg to differ. Wainwright was not his usual dominant self and I think the Cubs would have won regardless. I think he may need to say good bye to his Cy Young chances. Just sayin.

Congrats to Randy Wells! On an otherwise dismal season for him, for one night, in front of his family and friends, Randy was a star. And that's pretty darn cool. The end.

No comments: