Thursday, September 23, 2010

Carlos Marmol is amazing. Just sayin.

Sure, watching Marm pitch nearly drives us all to have a stroke, but DAMN, when he's on, he's ON. He's a big fan of walking a few, hitting some and then........striking out the side for the save with that filthy slider. It's how he rolls.

So consider this stat-this season, Marm has 128 strikeouts in only 72.2 innings. Think about that for a second. That is pretty damn amazing, don't you think? It's actually kinda mind boggling. He is one strikeout away from tying the Cubs all-time record for strikeouts by a reliever, the record currently held by one Bruce Sutter (I remember him as a Cardinal, helping them win the 1982 World Series from the still-AL Brewers. I was six.). I have no doubt Marm will be the record holder by season's end. I heart him.

4 comments:

Blue said...

I saw the highlights to the game, he was big time on. This season was growing pains for him, but hopefully he will learn from it and have a better year next season.

KD said...

here's hoping! he has the potential to be one of the best closers in the game!

J.J. said...

Ah, filthy Marm. I miss him. I'm still not watching any Cubs games. Even now, when they are winning. It's just not fun anymore without my Teddy. *sigh*

KD said...

I know JJ. :(
I feel the same way now that there's no more Tyler. I mean, what's the point in watching if I can't drool over him? I mean, seriously?
Teddy's hit a rough patch in LA...maybe it's b/c the Dodgers suck. If he's gonna be on a sucky team, he may as well come back to Chicago. Just sayin.