Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Your Chicago Cubs are assholes

Playing spoiler sure is fun, isn't it? Sorry Padres. You encountered the Cubs at the wrong time. I'm sure the Giants will be sending the Cubs a big gift basket as they are helping ensure the Giants make the playoffs....and the Padres don't. Yes, being an asshole can be kinda fun. The Cubbies are 10 games over .500 since Mike Quade took over. Too little, too late, I realize, but it's still fun watching them play some good baseball. And our token Canuck, Ryan Dempster, finally won his 15th game, making him only the 3rd Canadian Cub to do so. Go Canada.

In other asshole news, the Cincinasty Reds clinched the NL Central last night. That just feels dirty. They're a team full of assholes and I hope they get swept in the first round. I'll be cheering for whomever they play against. I know, I know, I should support our division, but I have developed a strong hatred for the Reds (led by their Lead Asshole, Joey Votto. Grrrrrr.) and I wish to see them fail.

The Rays also clinched a playoff spot last night-good for them and their 27 fans (I seriously don't get why Tampa Bayians aren't supporting them!). I don't know who is playing who yet, but I'm cheering for the Rangers in the AL and the Phillies in the NL (the Phils are my secondary team. Why? Because Chase Utley is hot and Ryan Howard is from St. Louis. Reason enough.).

I'm excited for playoff baseball. Sure, my Cubbies will be golfing by Monday, but there's still more baseball to be had. My pick? the Phitin' Phils. You heard it here first.

2 comments:

Blue said...

I watched most of that game last night. Good to see Demp get the win and Fonzy hit two homers.
BOO the Reds
Not a Philly fan, I just keep thinking how dirty the city was when I was there....lol.
I'm still thinking Rangers and Braves in the WS.

KD said...

I've never been to Phili, but I'm sure it's a dirty place. I think all of Pennsylvania is, actually. But I do dig Chase Utley and St Louis' own, Ryan Howard.

I'm excited to see some Rangers games. Josh Hamilton has been hurt but he says he'll be good to go by Friday!