Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lot's o'randomness

Ugh, seriously I will be so glad when this Presidential election is over. Against my better judgement, I sat through the debate last night and really would have preferred to poke my own eyeballs out. That John McCain is a crusty old man! I love how he was trying to be all tough and really get at Obama. Nice try, gramps, but uhhhhh, not so much. Obama just laughed at him like the old fool that he is (can you tell I'm not a fan?). Um, and Senator McCain, Sarah Palin's child has DOWN SYNDROME, NOT Autism. Get it straight. At this point, I'm not convinced that either one of them can save this country, but at least Obama's arms move. :)

Um, let's talk for a moment about the fact that 101.1 has been playing Christmas music 24/7 since Sunday. All I have to say is, dude WTF? In case they haven't seen a calendar lately, it's only FRICKIN OCTOBER. Geez, at least let us get Halloween out of the way before you inundate us with holiday cheer. My favorite Christmas song, O Holy Night, has already been ruined as I swear to God I've heard it roughly 75 times in the last four days. I've heard a medley of Celine Dion gems and don't forget all the Michael Bolton. For the love of God don't forget the Michael Bolton. I have now all but boycotted this station and am pretty pissed off about it because it WAS the only station in the mornings that actually played music and didn't have annoying DJ's with their stupid morning talk shows. Now I'm forced to listen to Phillips and Company (another crusty old man) on y98. I'm not happy about this little situation none at all.

Changing subjects, tonight is Book Club at casa de moi. I spent last night cleaning (when not watching the great debate), in my frenzy to get stuff done I accidentally knocked over a potted plant....all over the carpet. Nice, huh? To make matters worse? My vacuum has all but crapped out on me, so, ladies, if you see some dark streaks in the carpet that resemble soil, just look the other way, ok? Thanks. :) The cleaning actually put me in a good mood (strange but true) as I was finally motivated to put out my fall and Halloween decorations. See, I can be domestic when I want to........

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to listen to 107.7 in the AM. They have this guy, MJ, from Florida who is hilarious!--Val

KD said...

Oh, ick, I hate MJ! Perhaps I'll just drive in silence in the mornings, only listening to the sounds of me cussing other drivers....

Anonymous said...

How can you hate MJ?!?!? Have you lost your sense of humor in your old age :)---Val

KD said...

It's quite possible I have....although I still think the word "boobietini" is funny, so I don't know....

Anonymous said...

I can't stand MJ either Kerri. But for me I think it's his voice. It grates on my nerves. I miss the old 101.1 The River.

Anonymous said...

Well Boobietini IS funny..so I guess you earned back some of your street cred!--Val

KD said...

SWEEEEEET! i got my street cred back! HOLLA! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you just lost your street cred with excessive "HOLLA"ing

KD said...

there can never be too much HOLLA'ing, my dear!

Anonymous said...

You may just be correct...Random Person!!! - Val

Broker said...

The KSDK news covered the 101.1 Christmas music story last night. Apparently after the holidays, they are switching to a sports format. So, no more music in the mornings! So sorry!!

KD said...

Val, do NOT encourage RP! :)