Sunday, October 19, 2008

I slept on the top bunk and lived to tell about it!

UGH. Hangover, anyone? It's been quite some time since I've had enough alcohol to warrant a hangover. Until now, that is. I hate everyone right now. Oh, don't get me wrong, I had a GREAT time last night. The boobie recovery party at Carrie's was a blast, the boobietini's were a'flowin (a concoction of pomegranate vodka, juice, pineapple juice and some other stuff). I'm pretty sure I had a few Captain Morgan concoctions as well (thanks to Dr. Judy). To the people we "drunk dialed" (and you know who you are)....I sincerely apologize. In my defense, I didn't do any of the dialing....I recall doing some chatting, however. Mike called me this morning to advise me of the entertaining phone call he received from us...his voicemail said "are you hungover?". Um, yes, I am. Thanks. And I don't know who's idea it was to call Canada, but it happened, twice, apparently. The ladies love themselves some DT, what can I say? I believe we got off the phone sometime around 5:00am....I'm sure that was quite the entertaining conversation, what with me shrieking about the girls wearing Darth Vader helmets and freaking out when I was drinking my Kahlua and hot chocolate and thinking I'd just bitten into a salty marshmallow (turns out, Carrie just didn't stir it real well and it was actually a clump of hot chocolate mix. Hilarious). Oh and DT, you're right, Val was the only one who was drunk. :)

I can't wait to post some of the pics from last night's festivities....once I charge the battery on my camera. I'll get right on that. While on the phone with DT, sleeping arrangements were being discussed and it was somehow decided that I would be sleeping on the top bunk. Now, given my history of injuring myself, DT didn't think this was such a great idea. I really wasn't too sure about it myself, but at 5:30am, I wasn't really concerned with where I was sleeping (or my general safety), so I hoisted my ass up to the top bunk (complete with dinosaur sheets! Awesome!). I'll have you know that I didn't fall out of the bed once! (thank God for the safety railing and the fact that once I laid down, I didn't move). Sadly, I was up at 8:30am feeling like hell on a stick. Carrie was up with me and I begged her for ibuprofen and Tums. We hung out for a bit and moaned and groaned a lot, then decided to go back to bed. I was up for good about 10:30, went to meet Sue and Renee for brunch and now I am at the crisis line working. Have I mentioned that I hate everyone? I need my bed. Stat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud at the 2nd paragraph. Good grief. What you missed? Ash WITH the Vader hat trying to get the damn dino sheets on the top bunk. Now THAT was pure comedy, you have no idea!!

KD said...

OMG, are there pics of that? Hilarious! We are insane.

Anonymous said...

Umm..I guess I also drunk dialed Boogie last night, as he informed me I left him a voice message. Do NOT remember that at all!!!

KD said...

OMG Val, that made me laugh out loud. What are we, 15 years old calling cute boys? Geez!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like I missed out on some fun. (Hopefully, there are lots of pictures.) As I'm still in recovery from surgery, it really would not have been a good idea to stay any later than I did. Thanks so much for a fun night. I had a great time and I can't wait to go shopping at VS.