Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finally posting about my trip to Canada....

I've been a busy little bee since I returned from Canada, thus the lack of posting (sorry for that). But I'm back now! Holla! First of all, let me say that I had a FANTASTIC time in Canada, thanks to the greatest host ever! ;) I figured the best way to illustrate it is through pictures, which I took a lot of (I warn you now). So, let's begin, shall we?

This is Vancouver. Don't you just love it already? Absolutely gorgeous, I tell ya! It was also......quite cold. Now, I know DT didn't think so, but this American sure did. It was 9 degrees Celcius (I have no idea what that is Farenheit, however, suffice it to say, it was COLD-especially when I heard it was in the 80's back home. Nice.) Another view of Vancouver. Like the floating Chevron station? I kept saying it was ruining my shot.....Ahhhhh...Vancouver at night. Love it! Thanks to DT for actually getting a clear shot. Everytime I tried to take it, it ended up way blurry and looked like crap. Mr. Master Photographer finally got it right.....
On Friday night, DT surprised me with tickets to see my all-time favorite band, Weezer. OMG, you have no idea how cool that was. The show was amazing, we were nice and close and got to see the weirdness that is Rivers Cuomo, the lead singer. Adding to my Weezer story, on Sunday at the Sea-Tac airport, I ran into them (or at least 2/4 of them and their tour manager)! OMG, it was so cool. I saw the bassist Scott and walked up to him, we talked about the show, then someone behind me said "I was at that show Friday and I thought it sucked". When I turned around, I saw that it was the band's drummer, Pat, that had made that statement. Nice. They were very cool guys. I tried to not be all stalker fan on them. Hopefully I pulled that off. Anyway, here's some pics from the show.....

Rivers was wearing this weird thing over his head at the beginning of the show. You could only see his eyes. No idea.....Nice shot of the band with Tom (formerly of Blink 182, now of Angels and Airwaves) singing with them.Rivers playing the drums....switching it up!the band later changed into matching track suits....The next day, we went to the top of Grouse Mountain and got to see a real, live lumberjack competition. Yes, I said lumberjack competition. It was way fun! And our guy won! :)throwing axes is cool.....loved the log rolling. Good times!View as we were going up the mountain.. Another view of Vancouver from atop the mountain. Here I am channeling my inner Julie Andrews a la Sound of Music........ We also go to see some grizzly bears. There are two of them that live atop Grouse Mountain. They seemed fairly human friendly........they were WAY cool to watch.View as the sun was starting to set....isn't it beautiful? More views.this is the thing we rode up in.....the city of VancouverDT inside the gift shop showin' the bear some love.yep, I'm holding its paw.........me and DT. Aren't we cute???? :)and some more super cuteness.....DT, the barge pic is for you....... :)

6 comments:

kristy said...

Great pics...looks beautiful! DT, when are you going to invite the whole davidson clan to vancouver? Bwahahahahha!

Anonymous said...

First you have to realize that the Blues are not a real hockey team :)

Diane said...

I think DT needs a trip to the US to see the Davidson clan & their extended Baumgartner clan (what irreparable damage can we do to him?) Hey, it's only fair -- Kerri met his family already!

KD said...

Um first of all, your hockey smack talk means nothing to us, Canuck! We KNOW our team sucks, so there! :)
Second, yes, I did meet Darin's parents and grandma-they were awesome; must be where their son gets it! ;)
Thirdly, I think the fact that Grandpa apparently has a dislike of Canadians and actuaries and, in particular, Canadian actuaries may dissuade a certain someone from wanting to meet the "clan". :)
Hey DT, aren't you proud, I didn't even mention two bit whores once. Oh wait.......

Broker said...

Hmmmmm, when's the wedding?

KD said...

whoa, whoa, WHOA there Broker! Let's not get ahead of ourselves...... :)