Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I miss my boys

I miss my Mikey! I miss my Canadian as well. I really don't think it's fair that I have to be without BOTH of my boys. Do you? I mean, my Canadian I get-since he lives in a different country and all (and who is apparently coming to visit the ENTIRE month of February-right DT????), but I haven't seen my Mikey since last Friday. Mikey Poo-I think it's high time you came back to your Ker Bear. I demand it. Yes, I'm being bossy. I wanna gather all my peeps into one huge room and just hang out with them. Minus Amy Henson. She's sick right now and, although I love her, I don't want her cooties. ;)

So, I was flipping through the radio stations today when I came across "Feel Like Makin Love" by Bad Company (is that right?). Wow. Nothing says "have fun driving in the morning rush hour" quite like this song....this prompts me to discuss the term "making love". Does anyone REALLY say that? It makes me giggle for some reason, probably because I have the maturity of a 12 year old. But seriously, if someone said to you "hey baby, I feel like makin love", tell me you wouldn't bust a gut laughing. Good times.

Let's discuss Dancing With The Stars for a minute. Why on God's green Earth is Cloris Leachman still on the show? Sure, her crazy old lady antics were funny at first, but come on America! Stop voting for her. She's OLD. And she can't dance. Granted, Toni Braxton getting the boot was inevitable, but perhaps last night's exit was a bit premature. My favorite is still Warren Sapp, although that Maurice Greene is starting to grow on me. When is Maksim coming back for a guest appearance????

Blues vs Wings tonight! GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the trash talk Canuck! ;)

I have the pleasure of getting to work at my part-time job the next two nights in a row. Yay me! I realize now you are probably jealous of my exciting life. Don't be. Only two more days until Red, Jon and Blue arrive in the STL (Blue is the name of my not-yet-born niece/nephew. Thanks to his/her daddy for that one!). I am very excited to see them! I, of course, am also excited to see my parents and brother on Saturday. Hilarious-I just got off the phone with Grandpa. After an email from Aunt Cheryl indicating that Grandpa claimed he knew nothing of Red and Jon's party on Saturday, I had to swoop in and do some damage control. I swear I was told Grandpa knew all about it and was coming, but this isn't the first time he has claimed to not know anything about an event (I mean, he is nearly 81 for God's sake!). So, I called him this morning and he was his usual worked up self. The good news is, he "thinks" he can make himself available for Saturday and "why hasn't Lumpy called me yet to tell me what time she's coming?" (Mother, you need to get on that!) and "do we even need to watch the Mizzou game after they got their butts kicked by Texas?" and when I told him I assumed he knew what was going on he said "you know what they say about assuming Kerri Bird". Um yes, yes I do. Ah...I do so love my Grandpa. :) In short, he will be there on Saturday sis, never fear! :)

3 comments:

Diane said...

Okay, so what's MY excuse? I'm only halfway to 80 (give or take a few years -- be kind, please!), and I know nothing about a party for Kristy & Jon on Saturday. I knew they were coming in (plus your mom & dad), but this is the first I've heard of a party for them. Have I been ousted from the family (or is senility setting in about 40 years too soon?)

Val said...

Dee -- Kerri sent e-invitations to everyone. I'm not sure what email address she used for you and Jim. Give her a call so she can send you another one. It doesn't sound like you received yours.

Val

KD said...

Um, Aunt Diane, let the records show that YOUR HUSBAND viewed the Evite, so I know it was sent to you guys....yes, I think we know where the blame lies....