Friday, October 17, 2008

I don't do political discussions

Ick, one of our doctors at work tried to engage me in a political discussion yesterday. Knowing he is a Republican (and I'm sooooo not), I really wasn't down with it as political discussions always seem to get heated. I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but some folks feel very strongly (I am not one of those people). Although last night, the book club girls and I discussed politics and there was no hair pulling or anything like that (even though Christina is a Sarah Palin supporter). Quite frankly, I'll be glad when this election is over so that we can focus on things that are really important, like reality TV and Blues games (who won again last night, 3-1 baby!).

So, book club (as usual) was a good time last night. I forgot that I actually like hosting. The girls looked through my Canada pics (and deemed my Canadian boy quite cute.....I mean, DUH!) and DT I'm telling you now, they want you to come here and visit. Everyone does. Seems you're quite popular. :) Who knew? ;)

Big plans this weekend? I am working at my part-time job tonight (WILD and crazy Friday night, huh?), tomorrow is our monthly Girls Lunch with the aunts and cousins (although I think it's just me, Aunt Cheryl, Aunt Mary and Rachel this month) and tomorrow night is.......boobie recovery party 2008. What is this, you may ask? Well, since our girl Erin had her surgery, we are now celebrating it, complete with boobietini's. Don't ask. Basically we are having a slumber party over at Carrie's house complete with food and lots o' drinks. Me likey. I'm a little scared to see what the boobietini entails, however......Sunday I am doing brunch with Sue and Renee and then working at the crisis line again. Sounds busy, huh?

I miss the Cubs......and DJT......not necessarily in that order.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, so I'm a little late with this comment, but come on, Friday night at the ole' crisis line was quite fun thanks to Ryann!!! Got to love talking about animal sex.