Monday, August 18, 2008

Yet another weekend is over and yet another Monday is upon us

For a Monday, today isn't so bad. Except our database decided to crash, so, with nothing to do, I'm blogging (I mean, just sitting here and looking pretty only gets me so far). Let's recap the weekend, shall we?

Friday night, I went to happy hour with Tanya and Allison. I was excited about our choice of locations because it's a sports bar and I was fairly certain they'd be airing the Cubs game (along with, of course, the Cardinals game). The bar didn't disappoint....but the Cubs did. Down 5-3, it was looking fairly grim. Cards fans were laughing because they were winning, I couldn't take the public harassment, so I went home (ok really it's because we were tired but whatever). So, I get home only to discover that the Cubbies had taken the lead in the 9th.....AWESOME! They ended up winning which, along with getting to chat with my Canadian, totally made my night!

Saturday was an un-fun day as my parents were in town to attend Mitch's memorial service. I seriously felt like hurling, those kind of things just make me so anxious. Anyway, it was very sad but ended up being ok. It was a reunion of nearly everyone my parents hung out with back in the day. And by "back in the day", I mean the early '70's. I think my dad was horrified by some of the stories they were telling, especially when he was the subject matter. I assured him that at 32, I was neither naive nor shocked by their revelations and that I still think he is the awesomest daddy ever! :) After the long afternoon spent at the funeral home, mom and dad and I went out to dinner (minus Grandpa who informed us he couldn't join us because he had a date...what the????) and then spent the rest of the evening watching baseball.

Sunday, I went to church with the fam then worked at the crisis line for five hours (that's when we got bored and invented the office Olympics-by the way, Jasmine has suggested Stapling be added as an event....). After that it was fun stuff like grocery shopping, laundry and getting to talk to both my sis and my Canadian on the phone-good day for me, getting to talk to two of my favorite people! ;)

And now, it's Monday. Yet another person has resigned, which is job security for the rest of us. Is that wrong to think of it that way?

No comments: