Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jacked up grill

I used to think that Aaron Miles of the Cardinals was cute in a "he's 5 feet tall so I could carry him around in my pocket" sort of way. That is, until last night when I saw an interview with him on the news. Dude has one jacked up grill. And the way he talks is reminiscent of people from southern Missouri, who, ironically enough, usually have teeth missing. It ruined my crush immediately. Now I'm down to three Cardinal crushes (that being Albert Pujols, Skip Schumaker and Troy Glaus, respectively). I actually hope they beat the Brewers tonight, because, if there's any team I hate more than the Cardinals, it's the Fat Ass Brewers.

So, my Cubbies are now 31 games over .500. Apparently this is the first time this has happened since the 1984 season and as we've discussed before, I don't remember 1984, so it doesn't really count. I just love that the Pirates fans care enough to boo Aramis Ramirez when he's in town, from the looks of it, he doesn't really care and thinks all their fans are retarded (well, all 27 of them, anyway). I think the folks of Pittsburgh are just waiting for Steelers season, much like those of us in St. Louis are dreading Rams season. :)

I was intimidated at the gym today, I'm not gonna lie. Here I was, totally impressed with myself for working up to a 4.5 incline on the treadmill when this dude comes in, chooses the treadmill next to me and proceeds to select an incline of 14. Fourteen???? Wow....the treadmill was almost slanted straight up in the air, the dude had to hold on to the handrails to stay on...he was doing this at an impressive 7.7 mph. Suddenly, my paltry 4.5 incline didn't seem so impressive. I had to remind myself that I am a much smaller person than this guy and that the fact that I was even IN the gym was impressive enough. So strange that I have totally become a gym rat (not to be confused with the river rat that I will be on Friday). My happy ass is in there five days a week, no exceptions. You'd think I'd be in awesome shape. Unfortunately, you'd think wrong. Perhaps I need to step up my game. Maybe I'll start with upping my incline.......

Happy Birthday Eve DJT! ;)

No comments: