Friday, August 08, 2008

106.5 The Arch

I can't stop listening to this radio station, it's kinda like crack, and I don't know why. My friend Carrie calls it the "schizophrenic station" because the mix of music is unlike any radion station I've ever listened to...I'm talking Boston one minute and Paula Abdul the next. I've heard more Foreigner songs than I ever thought possible (and thanks to one DJT, I actually knew that it was Foreigner, I have officially been schooled in what is and is not cool, apparently). A couple of weeks ago when I heard "Rosanna" by Toto, I had it in my head for nearly a week. I've heard Milli Vanilli, John Mellencamp (back when he was still "Cougar"), LOTS of Phil Collins (with and without Genesis), I've heard "Jive Talkin" several times (is that the Bee Gees?), more ACDC than I care to mention (I swear they play "Highway to Hell" at least once a day) and a fine assortment of 80's and 90's favorites, among them Young MC's "Bust a Move" and Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", which, incidentally, is now the song on my MySpace page. Holla!

Ok people, let's focus. It is a Cardinals and Cubs weekend y'all. This is VERY IMPORTANT, got it? Michael-no whining about me talking about the Cubs on my blog.....I am so excited I could scream (and I might if the Cubs lose). The game is at 1:20 today, meaning I will have to "watch" it at work (ah, the beauty of the internet), I plan to space my work around the game, because as I told DT this morning, a girl has to have her priorities in place. I am so in love with the Cubs, it's almost scary and bordering on psychotic. :)

Other than the Series of the Century, not much else going on this weekend. I think I've decided to treat myself to a pedicure (hey it's pay week and, let's face it, my feet are lookin' ROUGH). Nothing like having some sweet little Vietnamese lady scrub all the rough skin off your feet all the while chattering in Vietnamese about your nasty toes to her cohorts. You know they totally talk about us. It's cool though, as long as my feet look pretty in the end. I actually have a hard time with pedicures because I HATE people touching my feet. They are very ticklish and it drives me absolutely crazy to have people touch them (and NOT in a good way). Still worth it to have nice lookin' toes. :)

I am not working at all this weekend (thank God). Mikey has invited me to a possible outing to Fast Eddies, a place I ALWAYS love, so that may be in the cards. Otherwise, I'm just gonna watch some baseball, pray to the baseball gods and watch some more baseball. Peace.

No comments: