Sunday, August 17, 2008

The office Olympics

My crisis line co-workers and I have come up with a new sport-the office Olympics. All of us have been inspired by the 2008 games in Beijing and thought that there should be a competition involving the things we do on a daily basis. For instance, if there was the Sarcasm Olympics, I would totally medal. Probably multiple times. I mean, DUH.

So, some events in the office Olympics could include:

1. Typing (both individual and relay)
2. Post-It Note writing (Chad thinks he has this one in the bag)
3. Internet Surfing (an event I've medaled in twice before)
4. Gossiping
5. Facebook profiling
6. Supervisor Harassment
7. Bitching
8. Multi-tasking
9. Phone dialing
10. Transferring calls (relay event) (Tanya currently holds the crisis line record, she's going for the World Record on Tuesday)
11. Paperclip Chain Making
12. Finding One-Eared and Two-Eared headsets
13. Who can ignore the TTY the longest????
14. Who is the most database retarded?


Please let me know if you'd like to enter any of the events.

Sincerely,

The Office Olympics Coordinator

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh oh can we add the "blank stare face off challenge"? Seriously, I got a couple of co-workers that would fight to the finish on this one.

KD said...

We can totally add that! On any given day I may be a contender for that one..... :)