Saturday, August 23, 2008

Was it something I ate?

Ugh. Rough day. I am thinking that something I ate at the racetrack last night did me in (why is it that all bad things that happen to me happen in the state of Illinois? No offense to those in Illinois that I actually like.....). I woke up today with a splitting headache (NOT hungover, so don't even go there) and coming to a theater near you, signs and symptoms of some good ol' fashioned food poisoning (I won't go into details, I think we all know what that means). Already feeling like crap, I barely touched my lunch (although I did enjoy my time with my aunts and cousins) and raced home for what can only be described as an un-fun afternoon/evening.....and I'll leave it at that.

I'm in my jammies, and quite the pitiful sight. My hair is piled up on top of my head, I look like death warmed over and I've watched more than my fair share of Lifetime movies today (that damn Memory Keeper's Daughter had me bawling like a freakin' baby!!!!). At least the Cubs won-and in mighty fine fashion, I might add. My favorite player, Aramis Ramirez, decided to win himself the Stud of the Day award by hitting not one, but two three-run homers today and that studly Canadian Ryan Dempster notched his 15th win. Ahhh....it's good to be a Cub. At least for now. No, I am not being pessimistic, just realistic and more than a little nervous that September is almost among us-meaning, the end of the season and, God willing, the playoffs are in sight. Yikes. If I think I'm nauseous now...........

No comments: