Friday, August 01, 2008

So many sad things

I'm afraid today's post is about things much bigger than my obsession with the Chicago Cubs. Today's post takes on a sad tone (sorry for that, but a blog is kinda like a journal right? You write about what's going on, how you feel, etc, right?).

Anyway, so much bad news today I don't even know where to start or how to process it. The thought of so much bad happening to people I love is almost overwhelming. I find myself almost feeling guilty for being happy (for the most part) in my life. I have nothing really to complain about. Nothing like what these folks are going through.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the following people:

-my "uncle" Rich: his mom is in the hospital and is not expected to make it much longer. I realize that with having older parents there is always the potential for this to happen, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. I mean, his dad just died a year or so ago, and he has faced so many losses in his life already.

-our good family friend Mitch and his family: I've written about Mitch before-he is the one who has had two surgeries to have brain tumors removed since March of this year. The news today is not good-the tumor is back and the doctors say there is nothing else they can do for him. He is being sent home from the hospital on Monday and will have hospice set up to ensure his comfort in his final days. This is a devastating blow to his wife Bonny and their only child, Billy. People I've known and loved my entire life. It's just not fair. I know there is a purpose and a reason for everything, but I'm having a hard time seeing the purpose or reason for these things right now.

-my boss Karen, whose best friend's husband was found dead this morning. She got the call on her way to work. What in the HELL is going on today? I can't take any more bad news this weekend. We've hit the limit. No more. Got it?

P.S. To all my family and friends........I LOVE YOU all.

2 comments:

mary said...

God is still God no matter the good or bad..but it still hurts..i love you too little niece..keep praying for that understanding that we as humans can't seem to grasp and that's probably a good thing for us because we can't handle it!! aunt mary..a child of God..even if i'm old..

Val said...

Ditto ... what Mary Elaine said. Keep praying for those we love that they will find peace in the midst of such pain. For He shall never forsake us.