Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rami with the slam!

I have to admit, the Cubs game tonight was a little boring for me. I mean Cole Hamels was not playing fair-he wasn't letting the Cubs score lots of runs on him like they do everyone else. It really wasn't fair. They had to wait until the Phillies bullpen came into the game and then....IT WAS ON BITCHES! On Sweet Lou's 65th birthday (the sexiest senior citizen in all of baseball I tell ya!), the Cubbies came through with a win....tonight it was in the form of Aramis Ramirez's GRAND SLAM in the 8th to seal the deal (and bring the Cubbies back from a 4-1 deficit to a 6-4 win). Clearly the best 3rd baseman in the NL (sorry all you Troy Glaus fans out there, but it's true), Rami is not only sexy as hell but he is DAMN good and is definitely Mr. Clutch for the Cubbies. At a very respectable 84-50, the boys in blue are rolling. Not getting overly confident as the playoffs are a whole new ballgame, but it seems barring a 2007 Mets-like collapse, the Cubbies have the NL Central in the bag. Its gonna get good kids and this girl is WAY excited for October!

In other news, I'm at my parents for a couple days worth of R and R. Today I saw a man riding a lawn mower in town AND a couple (yes, TWO people) riding around in a hover-round (you know that motorized wheelchair like thingy)-the gal was on the guy's lap. Isn't that sweet? My mom and I walked three miles and I got to eat at the Salem Burger King. Life doesn't get any better than that. Tomorrow Tim and I will embark on an adventure on the Current River. I can't wait to be a river rat for the day....as I write it is thunder storming outside. I can only hope that's not happening in the morning because I'm pretty sure that would suck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG It is so over. You know my husband, Troy Glaus is the hottest third baseman in all of baseball. Damn KD, no respect.