Sunday, August 10, 2008

7 up, bitches!



Tony LaRussa needs a haircut. And an attitude adjustment. I don't know what all went down with him and Jimmy Baseball, but suffice it to day, TLR is an arse. Did you see his little interview during the game? The idiot twins, Joe Morgan and Jon Miller, tried to get him to compliment Jimmy's fan-tab-u-lous catch to rob Chris "I'm getting ready to go back on the DL" Carpenter of a base hit. LaRussa's response? "It was a great hit by Chris". Ummm....maybe, but you just can't admit that Jimmy Gold Glove still gots it, can ya? Sore loser. Ok, so I've previously confessed my crush on Lou Piniella. I believe tonight I actually sent Erin a text (because we like to text during the games) that said something to the effect of "Lou Piniella's a sexy bitch". Which prompts me to ask....which old guy manager is hotter? Lou Piniella, Tony LaRussa or Ned Yost? You decide.

How bout the Cubbies defense tonight? Yowza! Every single player just looked so damn good tonight! And that Ryan Dempster....could he have possibly been any better? Did you see his interview? He sounded so.......adorably Canadian (and everyone knows I'm a sucker for dudes with a Canadian accent!). Tonight was a great win, and totally negates the 12-3 loss yesterday (hope you enjoyed that one Cards fans cuz guess what, the weekend is over and you're still SEVEN GAMES BACK-whew, the longer the season goes on, the bitchier I get!). I was almost able to get over the fact that Joe Morgan and Jon Miller are arguably the worst announcers in the history of baseball (I mean seriously, hang it up already boys. Collectively you're like 175 years old....).

The Cubbies have an off day tomorrow, so I will be lost and aimless without a Cubs game to obsess over. Good thing I have a worthy replacement....and that is............watching Michael Phelps swim. God help me but he is a beautiful boy and I am not ashamed to admit I am having impure thoughts......... ;) Suddenly I have the words to "I'm Proud To Be An American" in my head.....I really wasn't so much into the Olympics and was starting feel like maybe I was a Nazi because of it, but Michael Phelps has changed my mind. Hell, I even sat through some gymnastics something or other earlier today and even caught some fencing last night (I don't even know what fencing is, but the US of A apparently took all three medals...not too shabby!).

For all you haters out there, it is now 8/10 and the Cubbies show no signs of stopping. Now, I know the old saying, that Cubs stands for "completely useless by September" (my darling little brother even owns a shirt reminding me of it), but I'm telling you, there is something magical about this year. Sure, the odds of them finding some way to break my heart are high, I mean they are after all, the Cubs, but for the time being let this delusional little Cubs fan have her dreams ok? Thanks.

2 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Hellooooo Michael Phelps! The Olympics, you say?

KD said...

OMG, yes! Isn't he yummy? God bless the USA! :)