Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Happy Anniversary Red and Jon!

Happy 2nd Anniversary today to my sister and brother-in-law. Hard to believe it's already been two years! Geez-time sure does fly by when you're having fun, huh?
Happy April Fools Day everyone! I swear, if someone plays a joke on me today, I'm gonna punch them in the nose....ok, not really, but it sounded tough, didn't it?????

KOSUKE FUKUDOME!!!!! My new favorite player! WOO HOO! He was AMAZING yesterday!Now, granted, it was only the first game of the season, but if yesterday was any indication, he (and the Cubs) are in for a good year. Yes, they lost in the 10th, but Fukudome's 3-run homer in the 9th to tie the game was so freakin' exciting. Playing the Brew Crew felt like a playoff game-the rivalry is definitely intense with those two teams, maybe moreso than between the Cubs and Cardinals (yea, I said it). Speaking of the Cardinals, I am going to their game tomorrow night (provided it stops raining around here-GEEZ, enough already!!!!). It's Game 1 of the Pujols Pack Erin and I purchased....our first Cards/Cubs game is in early May-SOOOO can't wait for that!
So, Dancing With The Stars. I think everyone did a pretty good job last night. And dammit, that Steve Guttenberg is growing on me. Gutes!!! Say it ain't so! He just seems like a nice man (if not a little manic-some Depakote would be a good thing for him.....). I'm thinking either the Hairspray chick or Adam Carolla will be going home this week. I don't know, they may keep Adam Carolla around for entertainment value. I am a bit distressed because I will be missing American Idol tonight. I know, I know, it's a travesty. But, I signed up for a shift at the crisis line for tonight since I am missing my normal shift tomorrow night (hey, a girls gotta make a living!), so, instead of cheering on The David's, I will be saving mental health lives. Go me.
So, ok, last night was a TV watching night for me (after my much dreaded workout, mind you). After Dancing With The Stars, I watched The New Adventures of the Old Christine. If you haven't seen this show, I recommend it. It's on CBS and stars Julia Louis Dreyfus (Elaine from Seinfeld). I am not kidding you, this show literally has me laughing out loud. It's hilarious. It's on at 8:30 CST (or BST, whatever). After that, I watched a very guilty pleasure that is The Hills. And here is what I have to say about that-what the f**k did Heidi do to her lips? I mean, seriously? She looks like that Daisy chick on Rock of Love and that's NOT a compliment. Now, she is a really pretty girl, but those collagen injected lips have got to go. Ick. We can forgive her for the boob and nose jobs because, lets' face it, she needed them, but the lips? Uh no. Moving on......

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

She "needed" the boob and nose jobs . . . nice work Davidson

KD said...

I'm just sayin.......

Anonymous said...

I thought it was us guys that were supposed to objectify women :)

KD said...

it is. but it is also us gals job to harshly judge other females (it's really because we are jealous, but don't tell anyone).

Anonymous said...

Ahhh . . . so THAT's how it works!!!

Anonymous said...

The Gute gotta go, the Gute gotta go!! Why was he wearing a colander on his head? Okay, my neighbor wears one, too, but that's only when he's playing "knights and princess" with his four year olds. And speaking of Reality TV, I have recently epiphanized (yes, it's word)that Jason Castro reminds me of the freaking Nelson twins--same dazed look in his eyes--he's got some sort of asperger's or mr or closed head injury. For reference I cite "Love and Affection" video.--rd

KD said...

Oh Robin-I DO so miss you!!! Can't wait to do Gitto's w/ya on 4/12. I am totally w/you on the whole Asperger's thing. Actually, I think he may just be stoned the entire time...oh, and why did Gutes have on the goggles? Don't forget the goggles!

Anonymous said...

I think we need to lay off of Gutes for a bit here ok. I mean what did he ever do to us but make us laugh with Police Academies 1 through 4 . . . you know, before the series took a serious quality nose dive.

KD said...

ooooops, sorry DT, I forgot about your love for Gutes..... :)

Anonymous said...

You don't have to worship him . . . just show a little respect for what he brought to the table as Officer Mahoney

KD said...

OMG, you remember his name....

Anonymous said...

And you don't remember Mahoney, Tackleberry, Hightower and the rest of the gang???