Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Phantom of the Opera

Oh I do so love American Idol. I'm not sure why they think making the contestants sing Andrew Lloyd Webber songs is a good idea, however. I mean, granted, he is amazingly talented and I am admittedly a bit of a sucker for musicals, however, not so sure his songs are appropriate for American Idol. And is it just me, or is he just a teensy bit creepy???? And weird???? I'm just sayin.....

Anywho, is anyone surprised that my man David Cook was awesome yet again????? Who knew he has a background in musical theater? Certainly not me. I think he was awesome last night. Even less surprising is the fact that David Archuleta was good-I mean, that kid has "theater dork" written all over him, no offense. I thought Syesha was fantastic as well. Carly was ok. What was NOT ok was Suzy Sunshine Brooke and even more horrible was Jason Castro-I'm sorry to all the Jason Castro lovers out there, but ICK! Of course, he's probably so freakin' stoned, he doesn't even care what happens. My pick is for Brooke to go home tonight. We'll see.

Marlee Matlin got sent home on Dancing With The Stars last night. It was time. Although, it has to be said that she was pretty damn good, especially given the fact that she can't hear the music. And she looked hot-gotta give her that.


I got to talk to my sis on the phone last night. We had to process Idol (she and Jon are now on the David Cook bandwagon, as they should be!) and her many trips across the great state of Texas lately (be safe driving to Austin today!). Ah, it was so good to get to talk to her, we giggled a lot (like sisters do). I tried to talk to Chloe (the dog) on the phone. Red said that when she heard my voice she ran to the window-I guess she just assumes the person is there to see her. Sorry baby girl, auntie Kerri hopes to see you soon though! :)

Two days until Chicago-can't wait for that! It is, after all, one of my favoritest cities ever!!!!!!

2 comments:

kristy said...

It was a fun chat last night! Poor Chloe...the whole phone thing really messes with her.

KD said...

she's a good puppy! I miss her! I wish you were here to join in our American Idol discussion today!