Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

What a gorgeous day today! It's sunny, not a cloud in the sky, and around 75 degrees. And I'm stuck inside at the crisis line today. Oh well, at least my peeps are working with me.

It's been a good weekend thus far. Last night I had a fun dinner at Culpepper's with Mike, Amy and Shannon, Julie and her husband Jason and their super cute baby, Chloe and our friend from one of the local hospitals, Kassie. After lots of laughs, Mike, Kassie and I headed down to Sub Zero, a vodka bar in the Central West End. What a cool place! I don't frequent the CWE very often, but I really enjoyed the place. Tanya and I decided we wanted "our gays" to meet, so she and our friend Don met us there. Was there a love match? Stay tuned to find out......... :)

I managed to get up for church today despite my late night last night. My cousin Grant and I got the giggles when the band made us sing a song in Spanish and Grandpa at the end says "si senor", really loudly (in his deaf old guy kind of way). It was one of those cases where you can't stop laughing even though you know you should. After church, the Baumgartner's and I went over to Grandpa's where we somehow got on a tangent about Savannah cats (these rather large breed cats-they look like dogs) and the size of litter box they would require. Well, when Uncle Jimmy said he'd train it to use the toilet, I just happened to have soda in my mouth, I was laughing so hard I had to go spit it out in the sink. Ah, good times. After the Baumgartner's left, I sat down with Grandpa to watch some baseball. We flipped between the Cardinals and Cubs games. Once the Cardinals got down 6-0, Grandpa permanently turned it to the Cubs game, who, currently are up 10-4. That Ryan Dempster is HOT as a starter. Who knew? Besides DT? :)

I'm working at the crisis line now, but only until 7pm. Not so bad I guess, I'm putting in 12 hours there this week. I rock. Happy Sunday y'all!

No comments: