Thursday, April 17, 2008

So long, pretty girl!

Ah, too bad, the Pretty Girl got voted off American Idol. It's sad. No really. :)

Finally, spring has sprung around here. It was nearly 80 degrees yesterday, I though I'd died and gone to heaven. Of course, it's supposed to rain today, but at least it's fairly warm.

So, I have been a bit on the cranky side this week. I know, it's hard to believe, but it's true. Well, I was pretty much over it yesterday, that is, until I got to the crisis line and encountered the new database. I felt like a total retard, and even though I have worked there for eight years, I felt like it was my first day. Imagine talking to suicidal people all while trying to figure out how in the world to document the case. It was a bit frustrating. One co-worker actually made herself a sign that says "I need help" in purple marker, so any time she got stuck in the database, she just held up her sign. Loved it. Then, once I got home, I discovered my already crappy computer was now not working....at all. It keeps freezing up, won't let me access anything. And I, being the tard that I am, have no idea how to fix it. I was bummed because I really wanted to chat with DT....I miss him TONS!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

In some good news, I hate to jinx it, but my Cubbies are doing rather well as of late. That Derrick Lee is a stud. Of course, they are still chasing the Cardinals, but that will change, that will change. I'm not too worried about it, although Alfonso Soriano was placed on the DL-never good news. Erin and I will get to see our precious Cubbies at Busch Stadium on 5/4...SOOOO can't wait for that.

So, tonight I have Book Club-always excited about that. Get to see Krista's pretty new house. Tomorrow is typically my night to chill, but I agreed to cover Amy's shift at the crisis line, so this chick will be working tomorrow night...and trying to master that new effin' database! Saturday is what Tanya has dubbed "Big Gay Night Out". We are having her gay, Don, meet my gay, Mikey. We'll see if there's a love connection..... :) Prior to that, a bunch of us from work are getting together for dinner (with some of our buddies from one of the local hospitals), we get to see baby Chloe-Julie Zoell-Patricks' baby. Good times! Sunday, I am am back at the crisis line...again. Glutton for punishment? Probably. Desperatley poor? Definitely. Truly, the fun never ends.

1 comment:

luvrob said...

Would you like to borrow my boy to fix your computer? 9/10 when mine "doesn't work" JD spends about 7 seconds typing and muttering and then it's fixed. It's nerd magic.