Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend/family fun


Such a fun weekend! So much to do, so little time! Lots and lots of quality fam time this weekend. I got to finally meet my cousin Clint's girlfriend Amy who is awesome! Got to see Grandpa which ALWAYS makes my day! Saturday was our monthly Girls Lunch. Here are a couple of pics from that day, shamelessly stolen from the family blog: This was at Trailhead in St. Charles. From left is me, my cousin Clint, Clint's girlfriend Amy, Clint's daughter Kira, Aunt Cheryl, Aunt Mary and my cousin Rachel.
Amy and I...MySpace buddies and now real life buddies!

Saturday night I attended the crisis line employee appreciation dinner. Here's a couple pix from that:
me and my "date" Tanya...aren't we lookin' cute???
me and my old friend Rob...known him since I started at the crisis line 8 years ago...he recently left so he could be home more w/his family...I miss him tons! The place isn't the same w/out him!

Yesterday I had a nice brunch with Sue and Renee at Sue's cute new condo. I did have a bit of an issue with Sue's three cats...I was sneezing 7, 8, 9 times in a row, was wheezing at one point and was overall kinda miserable....I then went on to my Aunt Mary's house, who also has a cat....Amy was nice enough to hook me up with a Claritin, life got somewhat better after that. Despite my allergy issues, the BBQ at the Batto's yesterday was some good times. After some trash talking with Rachel the day before, an UNO tournament was started early. Amy, Rachel and I (and sometimes Kira and Aunt Mary) played all afternoon. The wins were pretty much split down the middle. It is safe to say that Rachel's UNO reign of terror is over. No more total world domination. Sorry kiddo. :) Below are some pics from the day and I have to tell you now, most of them were taken by Kira who is apparently a budding photographer. At only 5 years old, her pics are not bad. What is hilarious is that unbeknownst to me, she was going around the house and making everyone pose with a princess crown on their heads (as you will see). Nothing says 'fine family fun' like seeing your 80 year old grandfather with a princess crown on his head....
you got to know when to hold 'em.... .....know when to fold 'emThe UNO crew: me, Sophia the dog, Amy, Kira and Rachel
yea, I'm showin' my cards.....Kira made us pose with all the stuffed animals and the real stuffed animal, Sophia, joined in the fun.....yes, this is my 15 year old cousin making a drink.....not for herself, people!Uncle Nick, Aunt Cheryl and ClintAunt MaryGrandpa with Sophia, who looks quite comfy....
Clinton John, my baby cousinUncle Ron enjoying his dinner after slaving away on the grill for all of us---thanks Uncle Ronnie! too cute!now this is precious....look how innocent Kira looks.....don't be fooled! :)
Kira with her Aunt Ray Ray PARTY PIC with the Verde's y'all!Kira is a crack up......
And now for the much anticipated "Crown Pictures"..............
Aunt Jan
Aunt CherylAmymeRachelClintand the creme de la creme, Grandpa in the princess crown. It doesn't get any better than that!!!!

2 comments:

Broker said...

That oh-so-awesome crown comes from a McDonald's Happy Meal . . . just in case you were wondering!!

Anonymous said...

whats that little glow right by the left side of his glasses.{last picture)