Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Heart David Cook

The first thing I was asked by my co-worker Michele this morning was "did you cry?". She was referring to David Cook's performance on American Idol last night that was nothing short of.....AMAZING. And, yes, I did cry just a bit. It was seeing him get teary eyed that did it for me-I soooo can't handle men crying! And I mean, come on, his brother who is dying of brain cancer was in the audience-you'd have to be a heartless bastard to have that not affect you. I was a little concerned about the night's theme-Mariah Carey songs. Uh, what? But David Cook's performance of "Always Be My Baby" was H-O-T, hot. So freakin' awesome. He is SO good that I really hope he doesn't win. Yes that's right, DOESN'T win. Look what not winning American Idol did for Chris Daughtry. That's all I'm sayin'.

Overall, everyone did really well last night but I'm gonna say it right now. Susie Sunshine (Brooke White) GOTTA GO! I am totally and completely over her. Ick. As always, I think Syesha was really good, but for some reason, the judges don't really like her. The Pretty Girl was ok but I'm over her too. I actually thought Carly was good and I'm not normally a big fan of hers. The judges were right-the guys were definitely the best last night. David Archuletta was good as always, but why does he always choose the cheesiest of the cheesy songs? Ok, admittedly, I still don't "get" Jason Castro, I'm not sure what the appeal is, but people seem to love him (I know I have been confronted by a few people about bashing him on my blog......). :) He was ok I guess last night, I just don't get it.

This concludes my American Idol wrap-up for today.

No comments: