Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Upcoming 5K races-for a good cause!

Hey everyone! It's that time of year when area organizations host 5K races to raise money/awareness for their various causes.

Mark your calendars for Saturday, June 3. This is the annual NAMI Walk for the Mentally Ill. NAMI is the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. Of course this cause is near and dear to my heart as this is the population of people I have worked with for the last 8 years. My co-workers and I will be there with our company t-shirts. This walk is great as it combines not only mental health workers, but also the clients of the various community mental health agencies. It is a 5K walk (approximately 3.2 miles). Its a great time, come on out!

Also coming sometime in June is the Race for the Cure. Most know what this race is about-raising awareness about breast cancer-something that could happen to anyone. Not sure of the date yet for this one, but you can bet I'll be there as I am every year!

2 comments:

Cheryl Verde said...

From the web site:

Announcing the 2006 Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure:
June 10, 2006
Save the date!

http://www.komenstlouis.org/Default.aspx

KD said...

Thx for the info, Auntie C! Now I have 5k's two weekends in a row! Awesome!