Monday, March 06, 2006

Parker loses his first tooth!

This is a big moment in a 6 year old's life. The first missing tooth. My friend Carrie's little man is getting so big! I won't even get into how I remember Carrie being pregnant with him and remember him being born and now he's in 1st grade and losing his teeth? Where does the time go? Has anyone noticed that the Tooth Fairy is much more generous nowadays? I remember back in the '80's the Tooth Fairy gave ya a quarter. If you were lucky. Nowadays, kids get $1, $5, even $10. It's crazy I tell ya!

This triggers some PTSD symptoms for me. You see, I didn't lose my first tooth until 2nd grade. The kids made fun of me because I still had my baby teeth (they may have made fun of me for other reasons as well, but I wasn't aware of those). It was traumatic.

Anyway, didn't mean to make it all about me. Congrats Mr. Parker. You are the coolest 1st grader I know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kerri,
I'm behind on your blog. When I was in second grade, the dentist had to pull 8 of my baby teeth out because they refused to come out on their own. They were growing on top of my permanent teeth, and I looked like a Hilbilly on the short yellow school bus. I'm still traumatized over the whole tooth pulling incident, primarily because laughing gas makes me fart... and fart.

Love,
Melinda