Thursday, March 02, 2006

maybe I should have given up road rage for Lent

I swear I didn't mean to call that guy on the highway a "mother f***er". I swear it. But if he hadn't been driving like an a-hole, I wouldn't have had to. I'm sure it's not entirely his fault that my normal 25 minute commute turned into a 45 minute commute. I don't know whose fault it was. I kept expecting the massive traffic jam to be because of an accident (never a good thing, but at least a valid reason for a jam) or because of road construction (always a possibility around here). But no. Neither of these things caused the jam. It appears nothing did. And then the above mentioned guy, driving in his giant black pickup truck, sped down the exit lane then squeezed in at the last minute to get back onto the highway. You know what I'm talking about-thinking their time is more important that everyone elses', so they drive on the shoulder or another lane and expect you to let them in. Well, I'm sorry-that drives me nuts. I try to be a fairly nice driver, but I absolutely refuse to let these folks in. I'm standing my ground. True, his giant truck could crush my little Crapalier, but at least I wouldn't have given up my ethics. Or something like that......

No comments: