Tuesday, March 14, 2006

bat out of hell






We have a bat loose at work. I'm not kidding. The mammal kind of bat. It apparently got in the building today when the main front door was open. Animal Control had to be called, however, they could not capture the beast. So, it remains somewhere in the building, current location unknown. My boss told me about it as soon as I walked in the door. Of course, my initial reaction was "what?" My boss then says "we have a b-a-t in the building". Yes, she spelled it for me as she was aware that I was totally wacked out on allergy medication and wasn't sure that I understood what she was talking about. She guessed right. I didn't get it. Management got mad at me when I started telling staff that it was a vampire bat. I requested backup when walking to the bathroom-safety in numbers. My co-worker Kim went out in the hallway with me. We searched high and low for the bat (I even kicked the plants thinking it may be hiding in them), but did not find it. My only hope is that I don't come face to face with the bat. That would be way uncool.

No comments: