Monday, November 05, 2007

Technology sucks

Ugh. This day couldn't end fast enough. Seriously. I nearly cried, oh, about ten times (I wasn't the only one-I believe I heard Mike say he was gonna cry at one point too). You know it's bad when you hear your boss say she isn't sure if she is going to come back tomorrow. Mondays and Fridays at my job are the busiest-you have lots of admissions and discharges. Today was no exception. The Managed Care gods had a little treat in store for us today along with our high caseloads-I think they gathered together and said: how bout a little computer crashing? And while we're at it-how bout if we have your phone crash too??? How bout if we have that happen NUMEROUS times throughout the day? Won't that be fun? Huh? Huh? It was sooooooo NOT fun. At one point I just laid my head on my desk because it was either that or throw the damn computer through a wall....luckily I didn't have to go there. Once I finally escaped my cubicle hell, I was greeted with another surprise-the entrance ramp to Hwy 70 was shut down because of an overturned semi. Of course it was. Should I have expected anything different?

My evening has been much, much better, I'm happy to say. My show Dancing With The Stars was on-everyone was awesome tonight. Mike-I think we should go to the live show when they tour-whaddya think? I don't have to be at work until 9:00 tomorrow, so I look forward to sleeping in just a bit. I have high hopes that tomorrow will be a better day. If it isn't, someone may just be managing my care......

No comments: