Sunday, November 04, 2007

11 hours of scrapbooking

Yes, it is possible to spend nearly 11 hours in a row scrapbooking. I did it yesterday. Now, that may sound sad and boring to some of you, but let me tell you, me, Maggie, Krista, Cheryl and Renee had a GREAT time! Oh sure, there were the numerous instances when one of us would get slap happy and just start laughing for no reason (what ever happened to Howard Jones and Sheena Easton, anyway????), but I got a lot done-twenty four pages, to be exact. We listened to an '80's station the whole time, sang some songs, stopping only once to go get some dinner. Otherwise, it was full-on scrapbooking all night long! No, I haven't started Project Grandpa yet (I figure it's safe to talk about it here, he doesn't read my blog, does he?). I did order 67 prints off Shutterfly today-pics of Grandpa from age 8 months to present. I am soooo excited for this project. I am making Grandpa a scrapbook for his 80th birthday next month. It will be the story of his life, told as best I can, by me. Wish me luck. I want it to be meaningful, so I am going to work really hard on it. I love that old guy! :)

So, this morning I walked in to church, found Grandpa who says "are you staying for the hootenannie after church?". "What "hootenannie" would this be Grandpa?", I ask (and how in the hell do you spell "hootenannie" anyway?). Well, Grandpa informs me there is some big luncheon for the church after the service and Uncle Jimmy's band, Powerkeg is playing...WHAT? Powderkeg at our church? Yes, it was true. Let me tell ya, they ROCKED that gymnasium! It was a little surreal, I must say. I think the crowd was pretty receptive. I got to sit with Grandpa, Aunt Diane and Grant and Jackie-my fam! It was a good time. And I inadvertently promised Grandpa I'd be present at the Veteran's Day parade next Sunday...anyone wanna join me? Grandpa wants me to take pictures of him....he's not marching this year, he will be riding in a truck but still in his uniform. Come on, don't make me sit on the streets of Florissant by myself!!!!! :)

Happy Birthday to my cousin Greg today....is he really 19????? Yikes!!! When did that happen??? I can't keep up.....anyway, Greg, I hope you have a GREAT birthday kiddo! I'll see ya soon! Love ya!

1 comment:

Broker said...

What happened to Ivory Tiger?