Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Uncle Jay!

Happy Birthday today to my Uncle Jay. He's what now, 60? Just kiddin'!!!!! :) I do know that his gorgeous wife is much, MUCH younger....(I got your back Aunt La La!). Anyway, hope you have a great birthday Uncle Jay! Love ya!

This eating right and exercising thing is for the birds. I say this as I am sitting here eating a bowl of steamed veggies-carrots, asparagus and corn (it is deceptively good, no really.....). I am faithfully doing this exercise video that my boss gave me-she lost 22 pounds doing it and looks GREAT, she's my inspiration (and I'm not even saying that in an ass kissing sort of way). It is a tape by Leslie Sansone-ever heard of her? Let me tell you, her work outs KICK YOUR ASS (3 miles, 45 minutes)! Seriously, I sweat like a fat pig. It's pretty hot. I'm hoping to see some results soon. Dammit.

Well, we have made it to the mid-point of the week. I have to work at the crisis line tonight, tomorrow night is Book Club (Thanksgiving edition), Friday night I am going out with Tanya and Allison (destination unknown). Saturday is gonna be a busy, busy day. Mom and dad will be at my apartment at 10am (ugh), then mom and I are heading out to St. Peters for Girls Lunch while dad will stay at my apartment and put my new dresser together that I bought at Ikea when we were in Texas. That evening is date night for me and Mikey. First we are going to Friends Thanksgiving at our friend Denise's house and then we are hitting Zootini. Good times. I will not have time to be bored, that's for sure. LOVE IT!

Canada, you have been missing from my blog.....where are you?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry . . . I can't offer much commentary on Dancing With The Stars. Your Blues did beat the Red Wings (remember when you would try to call them the Dead Things?). Granted they were outshot almost 2-1 but you gotta take your wins where you get them.

KD said...

don't they have the Canadian version of DWTS? I know my blog has been quite boring lately...I can't help it. I'm a boring girl. :(

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't put it past them (having a Canadian Dancing With The Stars) but as much as I am a TV junkie . . . I steer clear of the reality genre.

KD said...

Oh, you don't know what you are missing! BTW, what will you be doing to celebrate St. Andrews Day on 11/30?

Anonymous said...

Up here we call it St. Jimmy's Day and it involves drunkenness and incoherent rambling. How about you?

KD said...

we don't have it, so i have no idea...was just checking the ol calendar for any upcoming canadian holidays....so on that day will you be drunk and rambling incoherently?

Anonymous said...

Actually, I've never heard of St. Andrew's Day . . . but we have an Andrew at work that is frequently drunk and rambling incoherently . . . and his nickname is Jimmy

KD said...

ah yes, I've heard your "Jimmy" stories. So sad that you are not up on your Canadian holidays like I am....although I am a Canadian wanna be, so I guess it makes sense....

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you are getting your Canadian holidays from but you may want to change your source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Andrew%27s_Day

KD said...

perhaps my calendar is referring to the OTHER Canada.....

Anonymous said...

You're sure you aren't looking at your Scottish calendar???

KD said...

nope, i'm fresh out of Scottish calendars....this is a United Health Care issued calendar, however. Maybe they make holidays up...perhaps I'll lobby to get them to let us have St Andrews Day off...it is very important and meaningful to me...

PAULA said...

Jay was not as amused as I was at your birthday greeting. deep down he appreciates it. See you Sat.

KD said...

tell him i kid because i love.... :) yep, see ya Sat w/your ol sis Val Jeanne in tow! :)