Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving 2007/How do ya like my balls?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope this Turkey Day finds you well. I am already sleepy and I haven't even had turkey yet. Dinner time is looming-almost time to put ourselves in a food coma-gotta love it. The Dingii are here and I have already horrified Patrick with my Cubs pictures (he secretly loves it!). It's time for my annual sappy "what I'm thankful for" message. I thought long and hard about what to write. I mean, I could individualize it and write things like "I'm thankful for my Mikey Poo and his ability to make me laugh every day", or "I'm thankful for my friend Canada for always being my sounding board and being such a good friend even though he is a million miles away". Yes, I could write an individual shout out to all, but if I were to do that for each and every person/thing I am thankful for, we'd be here awhile. I have so many awesome people in my life, and I'd be too afraid I'd accidentally forget someone.

So, let me say this:

1. I am grateful it is no longer 2006. 2007 has been MUCH better.
2. I am grateful I am able to take care of myself, even if it does mean working two jobs.
3. I am grateful for my parents who are there for me no matter what. I couldn't have picked better.
4. I am grateful for my sister and my awesome brother-in-law. I miss them now that they are in Texas, but think of them everyday.
5. I am grateful for my brother who always makes me laugh and has successfully gotten me to read Harry Potter this year.
6. I am grateful for my Grandpa-about to turn 80 next month and he is just as feisty and ornery as ever!
7. I am grateful for such awesome co-workers (at both jobs). They make it a pleasure to come to work-even on the worst days.
8. I am grateful for all my girlfriends. Without you, I have no idea where I'd be.
9. I am grateful for all my guy friends as well. Love having the "guy" point of view!
10. I am grateful for the fact that I was able to go on (and pay for) two great trips this year.
11. I am grateful to have my health and get the opportunity to get allergy shots once a week (ok, that one was a bit sarcastic).
12. I am grateful for everything that God has given me. Even when things are bad, I try to understand the reason for it, but know overall that I can't complain too much about my life.

I love you all! Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving. May your bellies be full, may you drive safely, may you enjoy your families and friends. Peace, I'm out.

P.S. The semi-ignorant title comes from the sausage balls I made as a appetizer. They were quite the hit, but I couldn't resist being just a little bit of an a-hole. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for taking a day off work and celebrating American holidays!!!!

That and my really, really ridiculously good looking friend Kerri.