Sunday, June 10, 2007

what a great weekend!

The highlight of the weekend was obviously Ben and Ashlee's wedding (above is the gorgeous bride and groom). What a great wedding! The ceremony at the Conservatory was beautiful and the reception at Maggiano's was SO much fun! (more on that later!).

The weekend started with me meeting up with my mom and my sister for some quality girl time getting mani's and pedi's. LOVE being pampered!!! That was a lot of fun just sitting and giggling with my girls (and you know those little Vietnamese ladies were talking about us!). After I dropped mom off at Grandpa's, I headed home to get ready for my date with T. We had a nice dinner at Rigazzi's (home of the fishbowl of beer. No, I did not have one). After that we went and played some darts (I suck, but it's the effort that counts, I guess). We had a really good time (as usual). I knew I'd be dragging Saturday though since I didn't get to bed until around 1:30am. All I know is 7:00am came too quickly. After the wedding, some of us went to Winery of the Little Hills for some lunch. Then mom and I headed out to our mecca-Bath and Body Works for their Semi-Annual sale. It was a MUST. OMG, I was sublimely happy being in that store. I am now stocked up on lotion, shower gel and body spray.....at least until the next Semi-Annual sale in December....

Ben and Ashlee's reception was some GOOD TIMES!!!!! The Baumgartner clan was some dancin' fools. I can now officially die happy because I got to see my Grandpa do the chicken dance in the middle of the dance floor. I only regret I didn't have my camera to capture that moment because it was PRICELESS!!! Ben and his groomsmen were gonna have a dance off, not sure if it ever occurred, however, Ben and his friend Jon's performance of *NSync's "Tearin Up My Heart" was quite possibly the greatest thing I have ever seen.....Red and I got the party rollin' with our request for "Pour Some Sugar On Me" (who doesn't like that song?). And who could forget Uncle Jimmy singing "Kiss" by Prince or my personal favorite-when I got all the girls out for some "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk". We were all out there on the dance floor the whole night-SO much fun!!!!!

Tim and Clint tried to get me to go out with them last night, but my old ass is just too, well....old. I'm home now with about seven loads of laundry in my future and all I really wanna do is take a nap. A long one. Can't wait for the next fam event! I always have so much fun with my family! I'll post more pics when I'm less lazy!

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY today to Little Miss Kira, my cousin Clint's little girl. She was an excellent flower girl yesterday! I can't believe she is five already! Where does the time go?

No comments: