Monday, June 25, 2007

I don't like crawdads crawling on my foot-and other true tales from Lonedell, Mo.

I informed Tagg yesterday that I am moving to his parents farm. It is absolutely beautiful, I didn't want to leave.

Let's backtrack and let me catch you up on the latest happenings of KD (I know you have been sitting on the edge of your seat, anxious with anticipation-don't lie). So, Friday was my mommy's birthday. Hope it was a good one, Mom! Friday night Tagg cooked me dinner (how sweet is he?). The dinner was great (gotta love a man that can cook!), we watched a movie and just hung out-poor guy wasn't feeling too well though, so it was a short night (I'm sorry I got everyone around me sick, I really am!) ;) On Saturday, my sister and I drove down to Salem to see mom for her birthday. Miss Chloe went along as well and we informed her that her Auntie Kerri was going to be watching her for the entire weekend this coming weekend. I know she was very, very excited. She told me. Red and I talked the entire drive to Salem (it was the Diet Dr Pepper that did it, I'm sure! That, and we were trying to avoid getting car sick, talking non-stop helped). We took mom to lunch at this new restaurant in Salem called My Place (or as my brother calls it "MySpace"-clever, huh????). It was actually a pretty nice place, impressive for Salem. It was a great day at home-we toured dad's flower gardens, staved off a dog attack when Chloe arrived-Stubby is VERY territorial and was not at all pleased to have the City Dog on her turf. Hank, on the other hand, is in LOVE with Chloe, and kept following her around. He even did a "rain dance" for her that was quite possibly the funniest thing we'd ever seen-he was running circles down the road and through the woods, while it was pouring down rain-we think he was looking for Chloe since she'd just been outside-after his run, he went up on the deck (still raining) and began licking it......yea, I didn't stutter-he was licking the deck. Those country dogs are weird.....Stubby was traumatized (not only by Chloe but also by her near death experience-it was a whole choking incident, not pretty) and wouldn't even come upstairs. We got to see Tim for a bit (always excited to see my precious little brother!). We left Salem around 6pm because we had to go pick up my darling brother-in-law from the river. Uh.....yea. So, Red and I drove down to Steelville and attempted to find the campsite that those drunk boys were at ("just ask the guy in the front where Polster is"-right Red????) :) Oh, we found them alright. A group full of drunk boys is very, very entertaining. We'll leave it at that.

Yesterday, I had brunch with my friends Sue and Renee (and Miss Kyra!), which was fun. It was a bit of an eat and run situation, because I was meeting up with Tagg to go to his parents farm that afternoon. Just as we were about to leave his apartment, it began pouring outside-like you can't see two feet in front of you pouring. I was concerned my hair was going to get big (seriously, these are the things that stress me out). It didn't rain for long, my hair didn't get big, so soon we were off to Lonedell. First of all, it is gorgeous down there (Aunt Cheryl knows, she's been there!). His parents "farm", is awesome-beautiful house, a lake, a creek (where I was totally cool until the leeches appeared.....), all kinds of fun stuff. Tagg's brother and his fiancee and some of their friends were out there too, it was a fun day. I may have had a couple too many beers (I think Tagg was thrilled at the prospect of seeing me drunk.....), he kicked my ass in ping-pong (I won the first game but I'm sure it was beginner's luck), dinner was great. It was just an awesome day all around. Long, but awesome. Funniest moment? Tagg and I were sitting on the couch, I guess he was trying to be snuggly and sweet or something. It was really quiet, then all of a sudden he says "are watching SportsCenter????". Uh, yes, yes I was. HEY! I needed to know the Cubs score, alright????? :) I apologized for not focusing on him-I guess he now knows nothing comes between me and my love for my Cubbies!!!! :) We got back to St. Louis around 11pm (told ya it was a long day), I may have fallen asleep for a bit on the drive back to STL (I was told I looked "cute"-uh, yea- if cute is drooling on yourself....). Hey, I was tired, and I had had a lot of beer throughout the day, give me a break! :)

So, now its another week. Tonight is the only night this week that I don't have plans-I will fully take advantage of this by sitting on my couch and doing NOTHING. I'm working the next two nights at the crisis line and then Thursday is......................KEITH URBAN. It is Girl's Nite Out for me and Mikey and I can't wait!!!!!

Happy Last Week of June, y'all!

No comments: