Monday, June 04, 2007

So much has happened in the last three days.....

To my faithful readers, I am so sorry there has been no posting since Friday. I spent the majority of my weekend in Salem where the internet runs as slow as molasses, thus, why I am just now posting. Get over it.

Well, Friday's big news was that Jeff and Jessica finally had their baby-little Taylor Ann was born Friday afternoon! Isn't she precious? We are so excited-it's been awhile since we've had a baby in the family. Here is a picture of the proud parents with their new little girl (Baby Jeffy as a daddy-of a little girl-LOVE it!). And here is a picture of Grandpa with his new great-granddaughter (he also has little Miss Kira). I can't wait to meet Taylor. Congratulations Jeff and Jessica. I know she will be a very loved little girl-your families will make sure of that!!!! :)
After a quick stop at my sister's on Friday (and a nice little chat with my brother-in-law and getting attacked by my four legged niece), I headed to Salem. Oh the things I observed on my way down there. First, there was the giant buffalo statue....with wings. Yep, I kid you not. I almost drove off the road because I was looking at it. Then, I saw a truck go by that was in the shape of three Hershey's kisses (what the???). Weird stuff. I finally made it to Salem and just chilled Friday night since we were getting up at the crack of dawn to do a 5K on Saturday (literally, the 5K started at 8:00am). The course for the 5K was actually kinda rough-lots of hills, made me rethink my entire jogging course as I have been jogging on completely flat land....I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to keep up with my parents, but was bound and determined to do so (nevermind Tim's issues he was having). After the 5K, we went to breakfast at the Main Street Cafe (it's on Main Street), where my dad knew every old man that walked through the door (this happened at Wal-Mart as well. Who knew dad was such a social butterfly???). We had a bit of an incident at Wal-Mart in the photo department-mom got her memory card stuck in the machine-the photo developer person had to pry it out with a nail file and some tweezers. It was great.
Sunday, I cruised on back to the STL and T and I went to the zoo. OMG-the zoo is so much fun (guess it's even more fun when you're in good company...). I think I walked another 5K-we were there for like four hours....I have warned him that if he reads this blog, I talk about EVERYTHING that is going on in my life.....it's the risk you take if you are hanging out with me!!! I will try to put some zoo pics up in the next couple of days-I was too tired last night. I was so excited about the baby elephant-too cute. And I only freaked out a couple of times in the snake house (it has a real name, but I refuse to learn it). T likes snakes and other creepy crawly things. I wasn't too much of a girl about it, but really, I don't dig the 20 foot long python, I just don't, I'm sorry. We watched the sea lion show and found a Ben and Jerry's stand where I confessed my love for Cherry Garcia (could there be a more perfect food?). After the zoo, we went to dinner, sat outside and just hung out for hours. When it was all said and done, we were together for ten hours. How is that boy not sick of me???? I don't get it....Anyway, I'm a little sleepy today-not complaining, just stating the facts. It's nothing my Big Gulp of Diet Coke can't fix.
Ok, I guess I should do some actual work now. They kinda like it when I do something productive. Happy Monday y'all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerri,

Fights in the dugout between teammates is a good omen isn't it???

KD said...

I can't believe u are the first one to mention that! How pathetic is it when team mates are beating the crap out of each other. They are both a bunch of tools. Zambrano needs some anger management 101. Then Piniella gets ejected the next day for kicking an ump. The team is self-destructing....the good news is, they beat the Brew Crew last nite!

Anonymous said...

I agree that teammates fighting is not a good thing, but I have always enjoyed watching Lou get tossed. Nobody throws a tantrum (or a base) like he does.

KD said...

yes, Lou is half crazy...the only active manager that's been ejected more times? Tony LaRussa. I'd like to see a Tony/Lou face off....

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding???

I'm not talking quantity, I'm talking quality. Tony may have been tossed more, but he doesn't have the same flair that Lou does.

KD said...

it's true-did u see it? he kicked the hat like 3x, kicked dirt on the ump, yelled profanities. it was a true sight to behold....

Anonymous said...

For Larusa that would be extreme, but for Lou, that's not even in his top ten most explosive blowups.