Friday, May 01, 2009

It's only April.......

Well, crisis averted with Grandpa. Yea, Gramps had a bit of a run in with his lawn mower this week. Seems he thought it was a good idea to stick his hand IN the lawnmower while it was ON. Uh, do we need to check him for dementia or some other form of cognitive decline that tends to happen with old folks? The good news is-he didn't lose the tip of his finger as originally feared, but he did get some stitches, a tetanus shot and some IV antibiotics. And he was apparently flirting with the nurse at the urgent care center, asking her if she wanted to shart a fifth of VO with him. Ah Grandpa, ever the ladies man.......what in the world are we gonna do with him???? My goodness do I love that crazy old guy! :)

The piggie flu, you know I gotta comment on this. I swear to God, if I get one more email from United HealthGroup asking employees about the effin piggie flu, I'm gonna lose my frickin mind. We're talking at least three emails a day. I think that's a bit excessive, don't you? I get it-if I start running a fever and start exhibiting flu-like symptoms I am to NOT come to work. I get it folks. I is a smart girl. My favorite part about this whole flu outbreak is that my Lil Miss Health Dept sister is PISSED that she's off on maternity leave during the biggest outbreak since SARS. Sorry you're missing out sis! ;)

Now that it's May and I can't use "it's only April" as an excuse, I gotta say, my Cubbies are starting to tick me off. 10-11 during the month of April is not so much good. In fact, it downright sucks ass. Currently, they are losing today. Now, I'm all for an early season slump as long as they can turn it around and dominate the rest of the way, I just hope they don't get so far behind they can't catch up. Granted, nearly 50% of their starters are injured right now, so that doesn't help, BUT, these people are supposedly professionals, so even the backups should be getting the job done. I'm just saying.

Now that I am apparently a joiner at work (who knew?), I am doing the Heart Walk with some of my colleagues tomorrow morning at Busch Stadium. In the rain. Yay. Ok, I'm really doing it so that I get the chance to actually walk on the field, seems like a pretty cool thing to get to do. Rain be damned.

1 comment:

utenzi said...

A Cubs fan walking around Busch Stadium is just asking for trouble. God might send down some lightning or some such. And speaking of divine intervention, a midseason trade for decent (healthy) pitching would be nice...