Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's about damn time

I haven't written in awhile, so, given the fact that I've worked out today, had little sleep AND I am operating on about four hours of sleep, I'm quite hyped up today and therefore, in the mood to write about all things nonsense. So, what's on my mind today? Glad you asked.

I'm very excited that my friend Robin is now working with me. Oh what fun we have together. I like her because she's snarky like me. My partner in crime, if you will. One of our co-workers said that we even have the same mannerisms. Could it be true? After 10+ years of friendship, we've finally morphed into the same person? Does that mean I'll get the awesome hubby that gives me allowance too? No? Robin makes me giggle AND she brought me a giant Slim Jim today. Now that's friendship. :)

And in How In The Hell Did This Happen news, I've apparently been nominated to join the newly formed Newsletter Committee at work. Thanks to someone leaking the fact that I "love to write", I have now been suckered in to this committee. Thus far, I am in charge of a little section they're calling "Kerri's List", similar to Craigslist, (um, are there any copyright laws being broken there?). I've had several people email me about their crap, not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with it. Here's what you need to know-I am not a joiner at work. I don't do committees, I don't hang out with my co-workers after work, I don't JOIN. My preference is to just do my work and go home. That being said, now, every month, every single person I work with will be stuck with this newsletter with my mug on it. Suckers.

The Cubs game last night made me happy. Finally, the boys won in convincing fashion, beating up on the Dbags 11-3. Several entertaining things occurred during this game, namely, Big Z-THE PITCHER, nearly hitting for the cycle (just a triple shy!) and Ted Lilly placing a giant bug on one of the coaches heads (hey, it was after 11pm, lots of things seem funny then). The team seemed loose and in a good mood-let's hope this winning trend continues, huh?

Someone yesterday paid me a compliment about my writing. And, since I'm a compliment whore, I'm taking it and running with it. See, someone DOES like it when I'm a sarcastic a-hole. Thanks Kate. :) It's inspired me to keep on writing, even if no one cares about what I have to say (which I'm pretty sure is the case). I'm writing (and rambling) about what I want to write about, what I care about, so Mike Tinnin be damned, I'm still writing about the Cubs. Uh, I mean, I love you Mikey, let us never break up. ;)

My precious baby niece Kendall is three weeks old today. I'm convinced she's the greatest, most adorable baby EVER in the history of the world. I love her sooooooooooo much!

Well, folks, I could go on and on and on, but you need a break. And I apparently have to go to my first Newsletter Committee Meeting where I'm gonna have to pretend to be nice, pretend I actually like people and pretend that I care. Peace out.

P.S. I miss my sassy little Canuck. ;)

3 comments:

ern said...

is your picture going to actually be on the newsletter? oh, please say it's so...i will get a great big laugh every month if it tis true. GO CUBS!

KD said...

Are you saying that my picture is funny, Ern?

ern said...

no, i'm saying A picture of you in the newsletter every month is funny b/c of how annoyed you are to be even working on the damn thing. you are very photogenic. remember...who's the reason we always have to take our pics at the bball games over 20x? it's not you.