Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter/Kendall's Homecoming/playoff hockey/Cubs at Wrigley North

Ah, holidays with the fam. Always a good time. We had Grandpa rambling away on the couch (to no one in particular), Uncle Nick trying to convince me that the Cardinals are the team to beat this year, Uncle Craig picking on Patrick and Taylor stealing the show with her cuteness. Good, good times. Baby Addison is toooooo cute (and looks exactly like her big sister Taylor, only with black hair). Dinner at the Baggett's was great, I love visiting with my fam. I missed my immediate family, of course, but they were having fun of their own. Yes, miss Kendall came home from the hospital today! Yay! Chloe apparently greeted her with a lick to the face (showing her love as only a dog can). Such a good big sister! Pics coming soon-my computer is being a bit goofy tonight.



Exciting times-the Blues made the playoffs for the first time in FIVE years. Holla! And guess who they're playing in the first round? Yep, a certain cutie pie Canadian's home town team, the Vancouver Canucks. Bring it Canucks, bring it. We aren't afraid of those Sedin twins. Or Bobby Lu. Let's do this! ;)



The Cubbies took two outta three from the nasty Brew Crew up at Wrigley North this weekend. Uh, I cannot handle another 156 more ninth innings like tonight's (assuming the Cubs are in the lead all 156 games that are left....). Do you hear me, Kevin Gregg????? I realize we are only six games in to the season but every time that man pitches I feel like hurling. Maybe it's because he tends to make the 9th "interesting" by oh, you know, giving up a home run, allowing some baserunners, you know, that kind of thing. I don't enjoy that. Just go out there, get three guys out and let's call it a day. The Cubbies did win tonight (special thanks to Jeff Suppan walking in FOUR runs in one inning-we owe ya one dude.), but not before my near heart attack. Geez. Um, but much props to one Reed Johnson who STOLE a grand salami from Prince "I'm the fattest vegetarian on Earth" Fielder. Ahhhh, that was a beautiful moment. And one I'd like to see replayed over and over and over again.........



Happy Easter everyone. I hope ya'll had a great and wonderful day.



Three more days until I get to meet my niece!

No comments: