Monday, April 06, 2009

Opening Day baby!!!!

It's Opening Day! Yahooooooooooo! Baseball is finally here! I couldn't be more excited. The Cubbies open up the season on the road in Houston. Big Z takes the mound today, although it should be noted he is 0-5 on Opening Day. Not good stats by any means, but whatever. I'm laughing because it's 37 degrees here in St. Louis for the Cardinals home opener with a chance of snow. That's right. My ass won't be laughing on Wednesday night, however, when I'm at the game........

Sports Illustrated predicted the Cubs will three-peat as NL Central Champs. Well, DUH. That's not even the issue. The issue is actually winning a game in the playoffs once there. The Cubs lineup is a bit different than last years, gone are Kerry Wood and hottie mchotterson Mark DeRosa. In are Milton "I beat up umps for fun" Bradley and Kevin Gregg, who is apparently the new closer. Here's hopin Sweet Lou's new roster is the one to take the Cubs to the next level. Ever the delusional Cubs fan, I am once again optimistic, this year is THE year, and all that other good stuff. Baseball rocks my world.

No comments: