Sunday, April 05, 2009

It's fun being an a-hole

So, tomorrow is baseball day at work. Seeing as it's Opening Day for the MLB, I suppose it's fitting. In addition to the free hotdog, chips and a soda that my employer is providing, staff are also encouraged to wear their best Cardinal gear. Um, yea. I'm sure most everyone will. Everyone, that is, except for myself and three of my colleagues. The only four CUBS fans in the place. The four of us are representin, yo. I'll be donning my favorite smart ass tshirt that says "real women love the Cubbies" and my favorite Cubbies hat. That's right, any chance I get to be a giant a-hole, I take it. That's just me. One giant a-hole.

So, I had some fan-damn-tabulous food today. In fact, I may not eat again for a week. Mike, Dr J (who is apparently Judy Jr, who knew?) Freida and J and F's friend Ed and I all went to Pappy's for some lunchtime BBQ. Featured on Man Vs Food on the Food Network, we figured we'd give it a try. And I believe it's safe to say that the five of us ate our weight in pulled pork and beef brisket. Yum. Oh and did I mention the fried corn-on-the-cob? Yes, that's right, I said fried. Love it. Gorging yourself on BBQ is great for the pocketbook and diet if you are planning on going grocery shopping right after you eat. This is what I did and I ended up spending less than normal just because nothing looked good because I was so.freakin.full. Me need nap.

So, my sister still hasn't had her baby. In fact, she and Jon were out at the Blues/Stars game last night (Red was hoping the cheering and screaming would somehow dislodge the baby. Sadly, the Blues didn't win, so I'm guessing there was more screaming than there was cheering....). Four days until Baby Girl's due date. I'm still betting on an April 11 arrival, which is next Saturday. Tim, who is channeling Miss Cleo apparently, is calling for a 3am arrival on April 9. We shall see! She'll come out whenever she's darn good and ready! At this point in my life, it's the only thing I have to look forward to and I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO can't wait to meet her! :)

No comments: