Tuesday, April 28, 2009

American Idol Top 5...the end is near

Ok, first off, what the F was up with Paula's dress? It was kinda freakin me out....second, the finale is only THREE weeks away! What in the HELL am I gonna talk about after that????

So, this week, the AI gang was singing songs from the Rat Pack era, American "standards" if you will. Overall, I think everyone did a good job but let me break it down for you:

KRIS-LOVE HIM! Could he be any cuter? I mean, seriously. He sang "The Way You Look Tonight" and I thought he did an amazing job. And I'm pretty sure I heard Simon call him a cocker spaniel.......?????

ALLISON-the last girl standing celebrated her 17th birthday yesterday. Still looks and acts like she's 37 if you ask me. Someone check that kid's birth certificate. Anyhoo....she sang "Someone To Watch Over Me" and she was amazing. Sounded great and I loved the black streaks in her hair. I think Simon told her she was in trouble on purpose to generate votes. No way she's going anywhere. Ok, maybe.

MATT-He sang "My Funny Valentine". I was bored to tears for 3/4 of the song, he busted it out near the end and it was good, but I'm sorry, Matt deserves to go home this week. WTF-Simon liked it? Weird. Moving on.....

DANNY-He's back to the Danny I loved in previous weeks-AMAZING! He sang "Come Rain or Come Shine" and he sounded absolutely amazing. The judges loved it-I mean, DUH.

ADAM-I don't even know what to say about Adam. He sang "Feeling Good". I'm not gonna lie, I'm oddly intrigued by him (even after Mike showed me the pics of him on the internet dressed in drag), I can't quite figure out why, but he's definitely intriguing. Was the song over the top? Yes. Did it sound more like a Broadway number? Yes. Was it amazing? Yes. And diggin the white silk suit dude......

I think it's Matt's turn to exit. It may be he and Allison in the bottom two but if there is any American Idol justice in the world, to steal some words from the wise Bret Michaels, Matt, your tour ends here.

1 comment:

Val said...

I have to agree with your assessment. Matt needs to go.