Thursday, May 07, 2009

Gone fishin'

I'm still alive folks! Were your skurred? I was. My mom asked for a blog post while on Darvocet, so....here it is! I've spent the better part of the day napping and watching TV, but am fairly with it right now (although I'm only 15 minutes from my next opiate dose...woo hoo!).

So, everything went well. I didn't die, so that's cool. My auntie C brought me to the oral surgeon's office bright and early this morning, once I was brought back to the surgery room, the stuck a mask over my face, assuring me it was only oxygen I was inhaling.......and then, the laughing gas came. I remember the nurse asking me if I was feeling it and my reply was "uh, I don't think so". Uh, huh. I next remember them asking me how tall I was, and how much I weighed (to which I replied "too much" and got them all laughing. Me thinks the laughing gas may have been kicking it at that point....). Next, I remember Dr. Bedrock coming in (great name, huh?) and saying something about how he was going to have to go fishing to find my veins to run the IV, he then asked me if I liked fishing, to which I think I replied "no", then he and the nurses started talking about fishing, and that's the last thing I remember. Next thing I know, I'm sitting in the waiting room (totally don't remember even walking there) and Aunt Cheryl is there, I was apparently telling her I was ok and also, apparently, told her the "fishing" story about five times. Uh yea, so I was a little out of it (Versed will do that to you). We then proceeded to Schnucks to fill my scripts (an antibiotic and the mother lode-Darvocet and Loritab!), where I decided to just sit because I still felt like I was having an out of body experience. And part of my tongue was numb. Weird.

Since we've been back at Aunt Cheryl's, she has taken really good care of me. She's making sure I'm taking my meds on schedule, she's fed me jello, pudding, yogurt and popsicles. I've been in a drug induced haze most of the day (at one point I SWORE it was raining....Auntie assured me it was, in fact, not raining). I'm being taken care of, that's for sure! A girl could get used to this.

Well, it's just about time for another Darvocet dose, so I'll bid you adieu.

No comments: