Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm a liability

Oh good Lord, and my Monday was starting off so well. I wasn't cranky, I was ready to tackle the day, I wasn't even mad about having to pay the parking ticket I got Saturday night.....then BOOM, I happened. It started out innocently enough, I strolled down to the break room to get ice, something I do every morning. I had my cup o'ice in hand, greeted the two ladies in the room and then......I slid on something (I believe there was water on the floor), my feet went out from under me and I landed on my right ankle and left knee (it takes talent to land on BOTH sides). My ankle immediately started swelling and turning purple (the two ladies in the break room were both nurses, who took one look at it and were like "ooo, that looks bad"). I managed to NOT cry (even though I really wanted to), sat there for a bit, managed to get to my feet (with the ladies help) and hobble back to my desk. I informed my supervisor who got me some ice for the ankle and then advised me she had to fill out a workers comp claim because it happened at work. I really don't feel that's necessary, I mean, it's a twisted ankle for God's sake, it'll be fine. Our HR lady suggested I go to the doctor which I ever so politely declined....KD doesn't have time for that BS this week...working both jobs today/tonight, baseball game on Wed, book club on Thu and leaving town on Fri...NO time. And I wouldn't have gone anyway. My boss then handed me the paperwork I have to fill out and it's like freakin War and Peace. What a pain in the ass. Right now the most painful part is the knee....it's turning a lovely shade of purple as well. I'm mostly pissed because I can't go to the gym today. I'm officially cranky as my typical klutziness has now caused a way bigger issue than it's even worth....Happy Monday!

8 comments:

rp said...

I know we've covered this before . . . but what is wrong with you??? Your boss tells you to go Worker's Comp and you say no????

KD said...

Um, RP, have you met me? I'm a little on the stubborn side......

rp said...

Doesn't Workers Comp include NOT working, but getting paid???

KD said...

only at like 66% of your salary...no thank you.

Val said...

Spoken like the true daughter of an HR Manager

KD said...

Damn straight mama! :)

Anonymous said...

and if you did the work comp thing, they would probably decide it was "user error" anyway and all of the sudden we can't wear flip flops to work anymore! Think of the children, Kerri, won't you please think of the children?? seriously, hope your body feels better.\
luvrob

KD said...

I hope they NEVER take away our rights as American citizens to wear flip flops to work. I, personally, would be crushed from the months April-September....