Thursday, May 14, 2009

The most anticipated tour EVER? Really?


Ok, so I heard a radio commercial this morning that almost caused me to drive off the road (a scary thought when driving down Skinker....have you seen how crazy those folks drive on that road?). This particular commercial announced the most anticipated tour EVER. Ever, I tell you. Whose tour is it, you may ask? Well, I'll tell you.....it's CREED. Uh.....isn't "most anticipated tour ever" stretching it just a bit? Isn't "band who should never reunite IS and now they're touring" a bit more accurate? I mean, Creed? Really? Here's a triple bill for ya-Creed with opening acts Train and Three Doors Down. I want my money back and I haven't even purchased a ticket.

Um, I posed this question to my peeps over at Cubblogging, but I'll pose it to you as well-what kind of sick, twisted world are we living in when the Cinncinati Reds are in a 3-way tie for first place in the NL Central? I mean, seriously? I think I hear Armageddon calling.....speaking of all things improbable, the Cubs feisty and adorable short stop, Ryan Theriot, hit not one but TWO homers last night. Someone's been eating his Wheaties! Dude had like eight LIFETIME homers before this season and now suddenly he's Mark McGuire (minus the 'roids). It's starting to freak me out...but in a good way.

In other news, Danny Gokey got the boot on American Idol. I'm sure somewhere my friend Michele is crying....I can't say I'm surprised (about Danny getting the boot, not about Michele crying....). I think he'll have a successful career, but I'm glad little Kris Allen made the final two. Good for him. Next week's finale should be fun times! Also of note, Ty Murray got the boot on Dancing with the Stars this week. LOVED me Ty Murray. He was just too adorable for words and seems like a really nice guy. The finals are now between Gilles Marini (quite possibly the hottest man ever), Melissa Rycroft (from The Bachelor) and Shawn Johnson-famed US Olympian. All three are great. My hunch is that it will come down to Melissa and Gilles....we shall see next week!

In just over a week I get to see my baby Kendall! Can't wait to see her chubby lil self! ;)

No comments: