Tuesday, May 05, 2009

American Idol Top 4

It's Rock Week. Ok fine. But Slash as this week's "mentor"? Um, what? When did AI take this strange and disturbing turn? I think it may have started with the season in which they felt it would be appropriate to have Barry Manilow on and it's just snowballed from there. I mean, Jamie Foxx and Slash? Really, AI? Is that the best you could do? Who's gonna be the "mentors" next season? Lady Gaga and T-Pain? Is Engelbert Humperdink still alive to make a cameo? I mean, seriously people!

Paula's bangs looked weird tonight. Did anyone read the story about how Paula finally admitted she "used" to have a problem with prescription pain meds? "Used" to Paula? Are you sure about that honey? I'm just sayin....

So, anyhoo....it's rock week. How did your Idols do? Here it is, in my humble opinion:

ADAM-he sang "Whole Lot Of Love" by Led Zeppelin. First of all, is anyone surprised that he did a Zeppelin song? I mean, seriously. Second of all, he kicked SO MUCH ASS, I don't even know what else to say about it. And he was ROCKIN some guy liner. Loved it!

ALLISON-she sang Cry Baby by Janis Joplin. She's a Janis kinda gal, but really, the song was just ok, I didn't love it. Her hair looked cute though.

KRIS-he sang "Come Together" by The Beatles. Always tricky doing the Beatles since they are totally the best thing that ever happened to music, but whatever. I know the judges didn't like him, but I thought he did good! Maybe it's because I have a bit of a crush on him, I don't know (I AM often motivated by cute boys, not gonna lie), but I thought he did a pretty decent job. That being said, I'm afraid to say this is prolly his last week. Boo hoo.

DANNY-Oh please dear God in heaven, don't ever, EVER let Danny sing "Dream On" again. Yikes. I think at one point (probably during that hot mess of an ending) my ears started bleeding. I'm just sayin.....

THE DUETS-
Kris and Danny did "Renegade" by Styx. One-never heard the song before. Two-their harmonies were great, the rest just so so.

Adam and Allison did "Slow Ride" by Foghat and they. kicked. ass. Wow. Great, great, GREAT job!

Sadly, I think Kris' time has probably come. I think he's great, and I think he will have a successful career, but based on tonight's performance and the judges comments, I think he'll be the one getting the boot tomorrow night. I may cry. No, really.

No comments: