Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yet another chapter from the "This Could Only Happen to KD" book..

So, the other day I was clipping my toenails. Gross to talk about, I know, since feet are icky, but when have you known me to hold back???? Anyway, I cut one nail a bit too short, no biggie I thought, it'll grow back. Well, apparently, it decided to get infected (again, gross, I know) and now it hurts like a son of a bitch (pardon my French). I think jogging on it two days in a row (with my poor toes jammed into socks and running shoes) didn't help much and may have in fact, exascerbated the situation. I have some medication on it today (complete with a Band-Aid, because Band-Aid's rock!) so I'm hoping it'll settle down. With my luck, my little toe will fall off. Stay tuned.

OMG, I am laughing so hard right now. Amy, Mike and I are singing "Goodbye Earl" by the Dixie Chicks. It started out by me calling Mike by his full name which is Michael Earl (sexy, isn't it?) and quickly escalated....

I wanted to share some pics I just got. My friend Christina finally got around to uploading some of her pictures from our IKEA trip as well as our celebration of Book Club's 5th Anniversary. So, here ya go.....
This is me in our mini van on the way to Chicago, acting as the Navigator (a scary concept, I know). Check out the Cubs hat, y'all! :)
Snack time! Random shot of us eating like little piggies!
Inside of Meijers (a store like Wal-Mart)
Why on Earth did Christina take this picture? And why do I not even remember it???Here we are celebrating our 5th year as a book club (or social club, whatever). There are a couple of members missing, but clockwise from the top left are Renee, Christina, me, Maggie, Krista and Shannon. Look at our cake complete with a "5" candle. Yes we are HUGE dorks, but I love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, this could only happen to you.

Congratulations . . . you are proud owner of the world's first ever toenail infection!!!

KD said...

This book of mine is getting awfully thick....