Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Floating bluebirds?

Has anyone seen the new Missouri license plates? See below. What is up with that random floating bluebird at the bottom? And couldn't we have added a bit more to the sides? I think it's pretty damn ugly if you ask me (not that you did). I'm pretty sure this wasn't the one I voted for. Remember when they had the voting contest? I don't remember the other choices, but I'm pretty sure they were better than this. Good work Missouri. Good work.

I guess it had to happen eventually. I'm talking about the Cubs winning streak at home coming to an end. Going in to last night they were 32-8 at home this season. I guess it was too much to ask that they just go ahead and win the rest of the home games for the rest of the season, huh? And oh how they teased us Cubs fans...down 7-1 in the seventh and I honestly believed they'd win. I mean, they're the Comeback Kids, they've done it all season, why not again? I nearly fell head over heels in love with Jim Edmonds (guy-liner and all) after his 3-run homer in the 7th made it 7-4. Winning was in their grasp....they added another run in the 8th to make it 7-5. At this point, I was literally on the edge of my seat. Then comes the 9th. They had BASES LOADED WITH NO OUTS. This game is in the bag, right? Wrong. The next three a-holes all got out and the Cubs lost the game. Boo. The crowd was shocked into silence. There would be no singing of "Go Cubs Go". Oh well, guess they'll have to start a new winning streak tonight. GO CUBS!

Work is very, VERY quiet today. It's scaring me a bit. Only six cases per person today-that is not too shabby. Although it does create a problem. You see, when left with too much free time, I tend to get in trouble. It's not my fault, blame my short attention span. I can't help it. I'm gonna have to find a way to keep myself occupied. Good luck with that. It hasn't started well considering Mike and I were singing "Umbrella" just a few minutes ago (complete with the "ella, ella, ella" part) and I was also singing my own version of "Mr. Jones" to my co-worker Ywinta, whose last name is Jones....ummmmmmm, yea.

2 comments:

Jen Estes said...

11 hours post-game and I'm still pissed off about the ninth.

Piniella...ella, ella, ella... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLqMODM1JuA

KD said...

Pinella...ella, ella, ella...LOVE IT! Now it's in my head... :)