Thursday, June 05, 2008

Congrats Wings, I heart the Cubbies....and other random stuff

Congrats to the Detroit Red Wings-they won the Stanley Cup last night. Normally I would not congratulate them but my Canadian loves them, so CONGRATS! :) It was actually a good game, I was up getting ready for the Cubs 9pm start time, so I passed the time by watching the hockey game. Speaking of the Cubs, their nine game winning streak came to an end last night. It's ok though, I mean, they can't win every day. They are still the best team in baseball, and 16 games over .500. I heart them (I know y'all already know that).

So, we are moving buildings at work in a couple of weeks and one of my co-workers sent me this harassing email this morning teasing me about the fact that according to the new seating chart, I will be sitting next to two of our staff psychiatrists. One walks around like he's the office pimp the other is a bit of a wackadoo (when he's not cranky, that is). Oh, that should be fun. Gonna have to sharpen my ass kissing skills......not like that's a challenge for me, or anything. :) Either that, or start with the self-soothing techniques: rocking and sucking my thumb (those in "the field") know what I'm talking about.

It's almost the weekend! Yay! Tonight is my fourth shift at the crisis line this week. Yep, I'm a bit tired but I focus on the positive-MONEY. Tomorrow night, Mikey and I are going to a trivia night for my Uncle Ron's nephews family (did ya get that?)-that should be fun. Trivia Night is ALWAYS fun. Especially when you have two retards like Mikey and I on your team.....I think the last one we participated in, our team ended up dead last. But we got nice and drunk, so we had a lot of fun in the process.

Saturday night is GIRLS NIGHT OUT! We're going to see Sex And The City (yes, a week after it came out...we're totally uncool like that) and then going out to have the obligatory cosmos afterwards. Should be fun.

Good times-so I get this frantic phone call from my grandpa last night. His voicemail was very serious-"Kerri, I need you to call me" he said in a very stern voice. Whatever could Grandpa need, I asked myself? So, I called him back as soon as I got off work. What did he want? He was all worked up about getting this heating pad back that my mom borrowed from him-never mind that he is about to go out of town for a week to see my cousin Clint in North Carolina. Fun story about this heating pad (well, it's funny if you know my Grandpa). You see, it's not just any heating pad, oh no, this one has magical, INFRARED powers my friends! Why it single-handedly CURED my Grandpa's arthritis (according to him). So, he let my mom borrow it to help with her shoulder pain. I don't know if it CURED her, but whatever. My Grandpa is the greatest guy ever!

No comments: