Saturday, June 21, 2008

Race For TheCure 2008



Man, it's a hot one! Isn't that what Rob Thomas once said? No? Ok...anywho.....So, today was Race For The Cure Day in St. Louis. It was pretty warm outside (even at 7:00am) but it was a beautiful day. As I type this, I am quite sleepy as I was up at 5:45am and at Aunt Cheryl's house by 6:30am. Aye, yai yai, not on a Saturday! This is our yearly tradition, however, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. We had little Kira joining us this year to add to the normal crew (minus Red and Jon-but they always ran it, leaving us slow pokes behind in their dust so we never really got to walk with them anyway). There were over 60,000 people in downtown St. Louis today. Amazing. Even more amazing? Of those 60,000 people, I somehow managed to run in to my friend Christi and her brother, sister and dad. What are the odds? It was great to see her. The giant crowd was a bit overwhelming at times (I don't always handle crowds well...all those people right next to me...I felt myself getting hot and light headed. Ick.). Anyway, below is our yearly picture of all of us at the race. Note the "Save the Ta Ta's" shirts. We saw them last year and, apparently, some of us just had to have them. They're hilarious.Left to right is: Aunt Cheryl, my cousin Kelli, Aunt Jan, my cousin Rachel, Aunt Mary, and me holding Miss Kira (my cousin Clint's little girl). Kira did great...other than some minor whining that she was tired, she was a trooper and walked the entire 5k! :)

Such a great event for everyone, but in particular women. I love doing this with the women (or girls) of my family. I'd love to have ALL of us do it together, that would be awesome!

After the race, we all went to Fitz's for some lunch....first ones there, we totally beat the crowd as the place filled up FAST.

After lunch I came home to watch my precious Cubbies kick some major ass against their cross-town rivals, the White Sox...after a NINE run 4th inning, my boys pretty much had it easy the rest of the way...yet another home win for them and that damn Jimmy Edmonds hit TWO homeruns....IN THE SAME INNING. Dammit if he isn't gonna win me over yet!

Right now I'm debating on whether or not I'm gonna go out tonight. I think I'm gonna go take a nap right now....I've been saying that all afternoon and have yet to go to sleep........Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I miss doing the Race in STL. I love the ta-ta shirts. I saw a bumper sticker like that the other day. Miss you (as always).

KD said...

Oh Heids-I miss you too SO much! I know you are getting excited for JP's return to Florida....how's Gavin doing?

KD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.