Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yep, I'm good at being lazy

So, you may be wondering what I've been doing with myself since I've been on "vacation". Well, the answer is.....not a whole hell of a lot. And I'm quite alright with that. Oh, don't get me wrong, I have done SOME things, I managed to work a couple of shifts at my part-time job, I got the oil changed in my car, I went to church and I saw Grandpa twice. But other than that, I haven't done much.

Lunch with Grandpa on Friday was some good times. I'm telling you, from the moment I walked in his door until the moment I left, the man didn't stop talking once! I'm not sure he has an "off" button. He was quite worked up over some confusion his Christmas email caused (and don't even get me started on the fact that he types in all caps...he thinks it's perfectly acceptable and in no way signifies SHOUTING) and told me some story about the 1964 Indy 500 in which he "saw some guy's skin burn off his body right in front of my eyes". WHAT? Has anyone else ever heard him tell that story? Oh, and DT remind me to ask you something...Grandpa had an actuarial question that I'm not sure I can explain in writing, but I'm pretty sure has to do with math...... ;)

Friday night was spent at the crisis line where I took one real call in five hours....that was fun. Saturday, got my oil changed (after going 8,000 miles in between changes...I'm bad, I know.), bought my dad's birthday present, hung out at home a lot, ate tater tots for dinner and fell asleep on the couch. Exciting times.

Today, I went to church, hung out with Grandpa for a bit then went back to the crisis line where I was assaulted by a Cheez-It thrown by Tanya (I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO didn't deserve that abuse, by the way). After that, I've spent the evening recovering from my emotional pain caused by the Cheez-It incident and watching the American Music Awards. As I mentioned on my Facebook page, the Jonas Brothers just cause me to say "dude, what the f**k". Someone please tell me why they're famous. And don't even get me started on Kanye West. I want to tape his mouth shut. Did y'all see NKOTB? LOVE IT! Also loved Alicia Keys, Pink, Annie Lennox and the Sarah McLaughlin/Pink performance was cool. What was Scott Weiland on? Couldn't understand one word dude was saying.....I don't even know what to say about that Miley Cyrus song. Words can't describe, I'm afraid.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to see my doctor for a long overdue physical. You know, I ain't getting any younger, need to make sure everything is working properly and what not. I also need to squeeze this visit in before my health insurance plan changes to an even crappier one than I have now....... :( After my MD visit, it's off to Salem, where I've promised to make dinner (shocking, I know, but I can actually cook, and I'm gonna prove it tomorrow night....). Tomorrow is also a very exciting day because........my sis and Jon get to find out if their baby is a boy or a girl! YAY! I so can't wait for that call home tomorrow night!

Ok, enough rambling, I've got more nothing to do. Later peeps!

3 comments:

kristy said...

G-pa told jon and i about the skin burning incident. I guess b/c Jon is from indiana???

Music awards were great! I loved Alicia Keys dress, but why did she f- it up with the earrings and the thing on her forehead? I am seriously concerned about the youth of america: miley, jonas, that squinty eyed country girl. I mean, wtf, america???

KD said...

Oh sis, you do so crack me up! That girl is squinty eyed, isn't she? And was TOTALLY lip-syncing, but whatever.
Did you not think Pink was great? I don't know why, but I am totally digging her lately.
That Miley song is STILL freaking me out.....

Unknown said...

Ok you totally deserved the Cheeze-it attack, don't even try to play all innocent. Anyway, Canada agreed with me.

SO I'll text you early Friday morning as we wait in line at our respective Wal-marts for some computers. Have fun freezing.

PS. Happy Thanksgiving.